Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Starred playlist gone

Solved!

Starred playlist gone

Bizarre bug happened, my starred playlist has disappeared and was replaced by a "normal", non-starred playlist with the same name, that I could rename, share, make public, etc. I renamed it to "Favoritos" because that's what it was called in portuguese (and now the name isn't translated when I change Spotify's language). Is there any way I can just get my starred playlist back? It's kind of a nuissance because my followers had to re-follow that playlist, and now they complain they keep getting notifications whenever I add a new song whereas they didn't with the old one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to find my starred playlist only at the Spotify Web Player.

My workaround to be able to continue listening to that playlist was to import the musics to my musics (there was a button to import all of them)

But I'm not happy with this decision from Spotify to simply wipe out the starred playlist from the desktop and mobile apps.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello @stuffandstuff & welcome to the Community!

This isn't a bug. This is an intended change to the starred playlist.

You can see the official statement here.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

That sucks. Is there any way to disable my followers getting notifications every single minute I add a new song?

When you right click the playlist do you see any button that says Make Secret?

If someone if following that playlist, they will always receive a notification when you add a song unless they unfollow it or disable their Spotify notifications.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Marked as solution

I was able to find my starred playlist only at the Spotify Web Player.

My workaround to be able to continue listening to that playlist was to import the musics to my musics (there was a button to import all of them)

But I'm not happy with this decision from Spotify to simply wipe out the starred playlist from the desktop and mobile apps.

Hope it helps!

this absolutely looks like a bug. 

I can still see my starred list on browser based player, but it is gone from ios and osx apps. 

i've spent half hour and i can't seem to find a way to get it back. 

Welp, at least you could see yours. Mine just straight-up disappeared after I deleted a duplicate 'My Shazam Tracks' playlist... Thanks Obama...

Suggested posts