Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Strange web slayer appears.

Strange web slayer appears.

Plan

Premium

Country

BE

Device

HUAWEI P20, huawei Mata 10

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Some weeks ago I noticed my Spotify randomly changed trackes/playlist. To the worst possible hiphop the world has ever created.

I loged on and used the "log off on all accounts" button.

Changed my Facebook password and loged off on all devices as well.

It was Allright for a week or so, now the same behaviour continues, a rogue web player (chrome) appears in the device menu.

My music dousnt stop as you would expect from a other user using the acount,  instead it starts crappy hiphop not even letting it play, skipping tracks every 20 30 sec or so.

So "Spotify" fix it or shall I cancel my subscription and move on to Google music?...

7 Replies

Hey @Bjornie! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I understand your anger.
Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Peace

Very helpful to tell me to do, what I allready did... I don't plan on doing this every week. 

I'm sure you guys can see where the logins come from. On Google acount you can see that, but Spotify isnt that up-to-date I guess...

Any other suggestions? 

@Bjornie 

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@Bjornie 

Please check the second part of this article out. 

They'll then take all the necessary steps to secure your account and return access to you. ^^

Peace

I feel like i am not explaining myself clearly...

I allready did all of that,

I changed my facebook login credentials and logged out on all devices weeks ago.

All connected deviced in my facebook settings are mine...

Again, hand me the IPs of the devices logging in yesterday and I'll find them myself!

@Bjornie 

I'm sorry I can't help you with that, unfortunately. The only thing I can advise you is to make sure you change your email password as well and go through the steps in the support pages I've sent you. 

Have a nice day!

Peace

Hey I have the same issue, keeps playing garbage rap music. also use FB to login. However, Spotify seems to keep some kind of other password in your account that you can not change from the settings.

To fix:

Go to the spotify login screen and press forgot password. Enter your email and change it.

That will hopefully prevent them from logging in again.

Suggested posts