Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription went from premium to free...?

Subscription went from premium to free...?

Hi, this is weird. I've been on Spotify for many years now, on a premium subscription. Now suddenly, they changed to 'free' without any notice before. I tried logging out & in again, but nothing changes. It's the same on my phone and desktop. 
So why is this? any idea on how to contact a customer support? I did not find details for that

3 Replies

Hey @MacMartino,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If your subscription is not active anymore it's possible, that the issue is related to the payments for it. Could you check if the last payment for your subscription has gone through successfully? You can see the date of the last payment on the "Receipts" section of your account page here.

If you afterwards need to contact a customer support representative, you can do so by picking a contact venue from this page.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Until 29-7 everything was ok. I did not do anything to stop it. 
Now today, I had to reset my password 'To protect your Spotify account, we've reset your password due to detected suspicious activity.' ? Maybe that had to do something with it?

Hey @MacMartino,

Thanks for the reply.

The resetting of the password is a security measure to protect your account. I don't think both issues are connected as an account reverting to free means a failed payment most of the cases.

But in order to get a clear answer you can contact a customer support representative, because they have more backend tools to help you further. Here is how to do that. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts