Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly have a string of characters as username

Solved!

Suddenly have a string of characters as username

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device / Operating System

Windows 10 PC

My Question or Issue

Normally I have my name and picture available in Spotify, but now I am getting a weird string of characters. When I look at the Spotify accounts page, this is now also my account name. Where did my profile picture go, and where is my name? and why did this suddenly change?

I am connected to Facebook and even tried disconnecting and connecting again. No change.

Please see the attached images.

website.png
desktopclient.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Wraithbone,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

As you pointed out your account is linked to your Facebook, i would like us to perform the following steps :

- Scroll down a bit a find the "Privacy" tab on the your left

- Make sure that the "Process my Facebook data" is on

- If it's on, click if off and back on

- Make sure Facebook gives Spotify all the permissions needed on your Facebook privacy tab as well

This should shake things up.

Keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I found the solution, well, or a part of it.

I did what @OneByBoo said and afterward removed the Facebook auth from Facebook and re-authenticated. After all this, I logged out of Spotify, and finally logged in again with Facebook. I had to restart Spotify twice after this, but now it finally works.

I don't know if it would have been enough just to log out and log back in again, but thanks to @OneByBoo for helping out!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Wraithbone,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

As you pointed out your account is linked to your Facebook, i would like us to perform the following steps :

- Scroll down a bit a find the "Privacy" tab on the your left

- Make sure that the "Process my Facebook data" is on

- If it's on, click if off and back on

- Make sure Facebook gives Spotify all the permissions needed on your Facebook privacy tab as well

This should shake things up.

Keep me posted 🙂

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. Afterward, I even tried going the extra mile and removing it from Facebook and re-authenticating from Spotify. Still the same results.

Any other suggestions? 

Marked as solution

I found the solution, well, or a part of it.

I did what @OneByBoo said and afterward removed the Facebook auth from Facebook and re-authenticated. After all this, I logged out of Spotify, and finally logged in again with Facebook. I had to restart Spotify twice after this, but now it finally works.

I don't know if it would have been enough just to log out and log back in again, but thanks to @OneByBoo for helping out!

Hi @Wraithbone

thanks for following my advise !

If it had given you a possible solution for your issue please make sure to mark is as such so other users will be able to see it as well.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts