Device / Operating System
Windows 10 PC
My Question or Issue
Normally I have my name and picture available in Spotify, but now I am getting a weird string of characters. When I look at the Spotify accounts page, this is now also my account name. Where did my profile picture go, and where is my name? and why did this suddenly change?
I am connected to Facebook and even tried disconnecting and connecting again. No change.
Please see the attached images.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi there @Wraithbone,
thanks for reaching out to the community !
As you pointed out your account is linked to your Facebook, i would like us to perform the following steps :
- Log in to your account overview page here
- Scroll down a bit a find the "Privacy" tab on the your left
- Make sure that the "Process my Facebook data" is on
- If it's on, click if off and back on
- Make sure Facebook gives Spotify all the permissions needed on your Facebook privacy tab as well
This should shake things up.
Keep me posted 🙂
I found the solution, well, or a part of it.
I did what @OneByBoo said and afterward removed the Facebook auth from Facebook and re-authenticated. After all this, I logged out of Spotify, and finally logged in again with Facebook. I had to restart Spotify twice after this, but now it finally works.
I don't know if it would have been enough just to log out and log back in again, but thanks to @OneByBoo for helping out!