Surprise with foreign transaction fee

Re: Surprise with foreign transaction fee

Stelyio
Regular
I've come to conclusion if you use Amex on PayPal they charge you. If you don't then it's all okay n

fishlist
Regular

I have stopped experiencing the problem now. CITI visa is not charged with the additional fee and the transaction is going through Spotify Australia.  The last one went only a few days ago. 

Yes, it appears that any transactions on AMEX and possibly PAYPAL go through a different portal - outside of Australia resulting in the problem. But surely they can rectifiy it or point it out to subscribers. 

While I can sit back and relax for now, it is very disgraceful of SPOTIFY to not respond to these complaints. Establishing a forum is a joke if they are not going to take note of it or respond. Will definitely think about other streaming services to switch over to.

Honda4Life

From October 2016, my billing changed to Gb from Au.

Been getting charged foreign transaction fees since then.

Not good!!

Stelyio
Regular
Use PayPal and use an master card and visa.

Also do this: http://www.pointhacks.com.au/how-to-change-credit-card-billing-currency-in-paypal/

Works a treat for me

Emm316
Regular

Guys, I gave up on this a while back becuase it is such a small fee each month and then just then I saw on my credit card, they have refunded every single one of these fees and also stopped charging it on the monthly payment!!

27/02/2017*Intl Transaction Fee reversal AUD 17.61

In case that doesnt paste in properly it is a line item called "Intl Transaction Fee Reversal" for $17.61

Stelyio
Regular
What bank and what payment method?

Emm316
Regular
Citibank credit card, refunded directly to the card. Not sure if it was
spotify or citibank who are ultimately responsible for the refund...

fishlist
Regular

The reversal is part of Citibank's decision not to charge the fee for Australian websites charging in AUD but payment made through an overseas machine/processed overseas.I was told this will go on for the whole year as of now. I just got off the phone with them because I also received a reversal. Citibank has not been charging me the fee for Spotify, so the reversal is for other transactions I had incurred.

It was a NAB Amex card that used to charge me the fee and I stopped using it.

evelynhoney-au
Casual Listener
No I use Visa and I'm being charged. It's only $0.54 but it's more the principle. No other subscription service (Netflix, Stan, apps etc.) charge this. **bleep**??

evelynhoney-au
Casual Listener
Me too!!! Same deal.
SUGGESTED POSTS