Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suspicious bot activity

Suspicious bot activity

Hello.

I noticed within the last two days I had suspicious activity on my account. I am on a Family plan.

When I logged in on my computer today I noticed someone was listening on my account from a Chrome browser. I don't use Chrome.  After a moment or two when I was trying to figure out what happened, the invader stopped listening and disappeared. 

Upon further investigation, I noticed the "albums" were jibberish-titled with generic stock photo covers and consisted of three songs that clocked in at 1:20 with a total runtime of four minutes and one second. Each "album" was created recently. When I checked my Liked Songs list, these songs were added to it. 

My email is intact. I changed my Spotify password and logged out of all devices. I have since disabled any third party access. I do not have Facebook, so logging in through there is not a problem. I have not had any issues with anyone listening at the same time I am, as some users have reported.

If anything else suspicious takes place after following the recommended troubleshooting steps, I will update my post.

Here are some photos.

spotify4.jpgspotify3.jpgspotify.jpg

1 Reply

Hey @haylenore,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

It's really great that you've shared your experience here with us! Also, I want to big you up about the actions you've already taken to protect your account

The steps you've taken are indeed the best ones, that could be done in such situations. However, there a few more tips regarding third party apps and how to build a secure password in the links I've included, so it's worthwhile to take a look at them too.  

I'm not sure what has really happened here to be honest. It's still possible that your account was left logged in on a public device somewhere, or someone (it could be a bot script as well) managed to gain access to your account and did this mischievous behavior. 

In any case, resetting the passwords of your Spotify account and also the email (the mailbox account associated with your account) and then logging out from everywhere is the way to go. And yes, please do keep us posted if you notice any other suspicious activities of this kind, as this can be helpful to others 🙂 

Hope this doesn't occur ever again for you. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts