Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

Hey @dkurzend,

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

i was using my debit card from colombia, but i won't be using that card anymore i just switched for one card in the U.S that is wehre im living now and when i try to get the student discount that I had there that's what it appears: 

It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.

I've tried many of the options bellow and it doesnt work. 

Hey @adonroleido,

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info, and change your country in profile if needed. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, change your country in profile to US. Wait until your account goes back to Free and resubscribe to Student Premium with the new card info.

Remember that your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

My account was billed 9.99 eventhough i am student. The frustrating part is that there is nowhere to contact.  Shall i deauthorize spotify from my paypal account?

Hey @Abosagha,

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

osorniosSpotify Star

hi,

i am trying to get the student disounct and whenever i click on the get students discount it just takes me to the normal premium page? How do i apply and can i do it if im in australia? 

thanks 🙂

Hey @phiatastic,

To get the student discount you need to be enrolled in a college or university in the United States, United Kingdom or Germany. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

They charge me the 10 dollars I can't pass the certification becasue I'm a student with an intership so my college doesn't apper on the approved list, I paid the first 10 dollars but I won't pay more In my home country I used to pay only 3 dolars. 

Can I get the Student Discount if enrolled in a Hungarian University? Which site can I use to verify my student status?

Hola, quiero: Añadir a mi hermano a mi cuneta de Spotify Pero me la venta Que la direccion no coinciden, quieo sable Donde puedo ver mi direccion de Correo 

Hi, I am a student studing abroad in Ireland but I am from the US. It's telling me I am not elligible for the student discount even when I am still enrolled at my college back home. Is this because I am in Ireland? 

Hey @Christabucklew,

Student Premium is open to students at U.S. Title IV accredited institutions. Be sure you have a United States as country in your profile page and a US issued credit card as method of payment.

Once you've checked both things, try using this site to validate. If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello I pay the premium 2 times. And the premium is not activated

no

No me deja vincular mi cuenta de Spotify en facebook me dice que ya está vinculada con otra cuenta borro la aplicación de mi facebook la trato de vincular con mi actual cuenta y no me deja

hola yo me quiero inscribír a discount estudiantil pero no me deja hacerlo y la verdad no sé que hacer ya lo intente 3 veces alguien que me pueda ayudar porfavor

Dear everyone,

I am a student in the Netherlands and am currently subscribed to the Spotify premium normal subscription. I wouldl ove to change this to the Student discount, however I am paying now with IDeal. When I want to switch it doesnt give me a direct "update account" issue, but the thing that I need to pay for a new subscription. If I do this the only option he gives me is paying with mastercard / visa, while I want to continue with the payment via IDeal. Can anybody help me please with this issue? 

Thanks in advance

Question: I have a premium subscription (registered with my gmail) and me and girlfriend are using it as our shared account. My girlfriend is a student and should be eligble for the student discount.

How do I swith the subscription to a student subscription and keep my account (with playlists, etc.)?

I have paid the new subscription, it has been discounted from my bank account but my new Spotify account is still not working. I'm student and located in Australia...

Hey man,

Is there a similar solutions for students in Australia? My university isn't listed there...

Thanks 🙂

Mark

Suggested posts