Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

It took out the money from my account but it's saying it can't find that I'm a student??

Hi @Mabailon77,

That doesn't sound cool. Did you receive an email receipt from Spotify? If not, it's likely a pending charge that will be returned back to your account (depends on your bank). By the way, are you in US?

Hi!

Is this student discount available in Europe?

so, why is this displayed on the dutch spotify site? To make them yealous of features they can't have?

I'm currently a dutch student doing my internship in Germany.... getting a bit tired of these useless adds I can't understand anyway XD Anyway can I still sign up for the student discount as I'm located in germany as a student?

If I cancel my previous subscription will I lose all of my saved music and playlists?

Hi,

Something similar happened to me. I was charged the full $9.99 this month after a year of Spotify student, but I am still a student and would like to be charged the student account rate. I re-signed up for spotify student, but I was charged the 9.99 anyways. I would like a refund and to be charged properly since my status as a student didn't change/

My school doesn't show up for the discount???

No

If we cancel our current subscription and switch to the one with the student discount will we loose all the music we have saved?

No

I switched to student discount while suspended from premium but when I open spotify it still tells me that my premium is suspended. What do I have to do for it to work? Also I have already submitted documents from my college.

Hey @Sergiojr,

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, Is this info now outdated? I just updated my current premium subscription to a student subscription.  Looking at the details given nothing seems to direct me to cancel the original account.  Am I right in thinking that I will be automatically updated to a student discount at next payment?  Thanks.

Hello!

I keep getting the commercial on facebook, that spotify for students is 4.99, when I klick on the ad, then it shows me the regular subscription only.

Best,

Hendrik 

If I switch to the student premium will I lose my downloaded music from the regular premium?

Hey @Courtney20,

Not at all. You'll get the exact same service, but at a discount.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

How long should it take for sheer ID to verify our eligibility and for the discount to show up on our account?

Hi I have the student discount or I did only for a few months but now it went back to full charge for premium at 10 a month how can I get that fixed? Please help thanks. I didn't know how else to reach out besides here.

Hey @OnlyJericho,

Are you in the US?

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I have entered my college information and payment information and I'm still getting commercial interruption like I'm not paid

Suggested posts