Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Switching Accounts to Another Family Plan

Switching Accounts to Another Family Plan

Hello Spotify Community,

I was on a Family Plan with my wife. A friend of mine created a new family plan which would split the cost between 5 people. Since this was the cheaper option I wanted to switch family plans, so I went ahead and cancelled the current Family Plan I was on. He sent me the invite link to the new plan, but I kept getting this notification:

"Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan."

When I tried to switch accounts, it would keep taking me to the same screen. I'd rather not have to create a new account since I would like to keep my email the same and not lose any of my playlists.

How do I switch from one Family Plan to another without having to create a new account/login? Please help.

7 Replies

Hey @jametts,

You'll have to wait until your current subscription expires and your account reverts back to Free. Then you should be able to join another user's Premium for Family subscription.

Also, to join another user's Premium for Family subscription, you must:

• Reside at the same physical address as the plan owner.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks! My current family plan ends 11/28 so I will wait until then.

That sounds like a plan! 

As the request was solved, I'm closing this for now. If anything else comes up, remember that we're here to help.

Enjoy your music 🙂

@Maxim

If you revert back to free in the process of switching plans, what (if any) will be lost from the accounts? 

Here's my situation: My brother holds the account; we want to take him off and add my dad, all while switching me to the admin (since we are losing my brother). If our current family subscription ends on 6/1, should I start the new account on 6/1 or 6/2 for all of us to join? Additionally, what information would be lost?

Thank you, 

@Annettilator,

Nope! They won't lose any of their stuff.

MaximSpotify Star

1. I have a premium account for myself and two of my kids. Can I combine all of our accounts under a Family Plan and then 3 more Kids?  The plan says “living at the same address”. How is that verified?

@juanmullen,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts