Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The preference memory **bleep**ing it up

The preference memory **bleep**ing it up

Hey there,

I'm a big fan of the radio function in spotify and use it all the time. The radio remembers your preferences and gives you music accordingly. The problem is I like many different genres of music, and the memory of the program is such that it mixes it all together. When I've been listening to a lot of reggae for example and I put on a rock music station it will start playing reggae again fairly quickly. 

Is it possible at all to "reset" the memory of the program without having to create a whole new account? Or even better perhaps, is it possible to make the program separate the different "moods" of music for different situations? For example one for more uplifting beats when you have a bunch of friends over and a more chilled-out profile for when you're chilling alone?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Why not just create a new custom radio station? You can start a radio station based on a playlist, genre or artist and you can have up to 20 custom stations. This FAQ explains how to create stations.

And when making custom radios it does not use it's memory? It's completely "fresh"?

Your preferences are stored for each station individually, yes.

Sounds perfect!

Where do I start a new custom radio? The only radio's I can find are the one's in the left hand menu under "discover"....

Using the web player? Click on the radio icon in the left panel and there's a "Create New Station" button on the top right.

I use the actual program. This is the only radio function known to me, but it stores many more radio's and seems to twist around quite often when unasked for...

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/20acvht.jpg[/IMG]

That's it. Just follow the FAQ I posted a link to.

Suggested posts