Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(USA) Unable to add account to Family Plan

Solved!

(USA) Unable to add account to Family Plan

Today I converted my US Premium account to a Family Plan account so I can add my father to the account. Both of our accounts are listed as country 'USA' in edit mode and 'us' on the account overview page. When he clicks the link to be added to the family account he gets the following error:

2016-05-23_10-56-56.jpg

"We couldn't add you to Premium for Family as your account needs to be based in the same country as the owner of the Premium for Family subscription."

My Account (Premium where the Family Plan was started):

2016-05-23_10-56-45.jpg

My Father's account:

2016-05-23_10-57-11.jpg

As you can see both are listed in "us". What are we doing wrong???? Neither account has EVER been listed in any other country but USA. After searching these forums I have tried a number of things (different browsers, editing the HTML on the master account to re-save it as "USA", and trying multiple devices). None of which allow him to accept the invitation to the family plan.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Change something in your profile and try again, worked for me 🙂 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I'm having exacly the same problem, both accounts are in the Netherlands (NL), we are even sitting in the same room but they get the message that their account is based in a different country when they try to redeem the code.

Same thing happened to me, but in Mexico. I hope someone gives us an answer about this.

same here in germany hope they'll fix this soon

Same goes for Spain and with different accounts.

Also in the US, having the same issue as well. 

Same exact issue (in US as well) my family memebers are even using the same zip code (under one roof). 

I've also reached out to https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares for a reply.

Wow - just crazy how many people this is causing issues with. Everyone please go tweet them @spotifycares to see if we can get some light on this problem quickly.

I was just able to add my father - no changes. Just tried again and it worked... Obviously this is not a solution, but perhaps Spotify is infact working on this issue in the background.

Marked as solution

Change something in your profile and try again, worked for me 🙂 

Wasn't working earlier this morning, but appears to be working now (without making any profile changes)

working in germany now too

hello nice to meet u pls Reply Me At: dr.isabellajefferson214@gmail.com For More details.

Suggested posts