Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Update Credit Card on File

Solved!

Unable to Update Credit Card on File

I cannot update my credit card on file. I got a new card in the mail and activated it last night. I logged in to Spotify.com and went to My Account, Subscriptions and see my info there stating it will renew on 11/30. I click the Update Details button and it gives me an error saying something went wrong.

I contacted @SpotifyCares on Twitter and they repeatedly asked me to ensure that my card meets their standards for cards (https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/I-cannot-activate-the-30-day-free-trial-credit-de... but I wasn't even able to get that far. I tried on two different PCs (in two different phyiscal locations, with different network providers) and my phone, all of which had the same result. I am going on vacation Monday and want to listen to my music, but I have a feeling I won't be able to update my card by then. The Twitter rep ("/CB") replied to my messages pretty quickly, but now I haven't heard back for over 4 hours.

All I need to do is update the expiration date and CVV code for my card. The actual card number is the same.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fury683

Could you check for me if the Card details have been updated to the correct information already?

If the details haven't updated themselves:

1. Go to the subscription page. (Note: If you don't know your password, go here to reset it.)
      2. Under Subscription and payment, click cancel your subscription.User-added image
      3. Select a reason (select Other reasons if you're canceling for a promotion). Click CONTINUE.
      4. Click CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.
      5. Enter your password in the password field. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION.

Then subscribe to premium again

Does this work?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @fury683

Could you check for me if the Card details have been updated to the correct information already?

If the details haven't updated themselves:

1. Go to the subscription page. (Note: If you don't know your password, go here to reset it.)
      2. Under Subscription and payment, click cancel your subscription.User-added image
      3. Select a reason (select Other reasons if you're canceling for a promotion). Click CONTINUE.
      4. Click CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.
      5. Enter your password in the password field. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION.

Then subscribe to premium again

Does this work?

Thanks for the reply, Jean. I was able to get this solved with Spotify support on Twitter, it just took some time. Every time I clicked Update Details, it gave me an error. I tried multiple devices and it never loaded the page.

The support rep was able to delete my payment details, which cancelled my subcription. Once that happened, I was able to purchase again with my new card info, and it said I won't be charged until 11/30, which is my renewal date, and also the date I start my vacation. Hopefully if it does terminate I will be able to resolve while on vacataion so I still have my tunes.

Thanks again for the reply.

Suggested posts