Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in or change password on my account.

Unable to log in or change password on my account.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am unable to log into my account, and it gives me an error code. I basically need to reset my password. So I attempt to reset my password, but it says the email is not associated with a spotify account. This is odd since it is the email I always use and double checked. I have in fact received spotify emails through this email as well.

If I try to create an account with this email it tells me the email is already associated with another spotify account. 

So I looked through my emails and noticed a spotify message with a login from a different country. 

I believe someone has hacked my account and changed the email, making me unable to log in. 

3 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Here you'll find out how to reach out to Spotify customer support in case of unauthorized access to your account. They'll be able to help you further with the issue you're addressing.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Same thing happened to me.  Must've been some sort of breach, I'm not too thrilled with Spotify's handling of the situation.

Hey there @vaden_reid

Thanks for jumping in. 

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing the exact error message you see? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply.

Suggested posts