Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown device accessing my account!!

Unknown device accessing my account!!

Hi, please can you help me. Somebody has hacked my Spotify account and were playing their music. They have created playlists (which I have now removed) and keep changing to their device on 'Devices available - connect to a device'.

I have changed my password and logged out of all connected devices, but there is still a device showing on my 'available devices' which is not mine or anyone that i know.

'Charles's Echo Dot'

Please can you remove this from my account, and also, how did they manage to remotely take control of my Spotify account in the first place?????

3 Replies

any help??

I’ve been having the same issues. I’m over it. During the past few months I’ve reset my Facebook password 4 times, disconnected other devices weekly, and logged out of everywhere on Facebook. My email has been changed repeatedly as well. I pay 10.00 a month to have some pretty **bleep** service as far as I’m concerned. 

I don’t feel very secure with a music streaming service that’s using my financial information when it’s being accessed freely by random accounts listening to some Latin and hip hop selections. My playlists have been deleted repeatedly, and new playlists created.

I’ve also seen numerous other posts that populate on google relating to the issue which leads me to believe that this issue is an ongoing issue over the past few years amongst the Spotify user population. Any negligence on Spotify’s behalf at this point deserves my withdrawal of my subscription. I don’t need to submit a ticket, or a form, or any formal request. I would rather end my subscription.

Why continue to pay for something that isn’t secure? And how many others deal with the issues and don’t report anything? I know I just self-serviced my passwords before even thinking about unsubscribing. But it’s too late now. My advice is to unsubscribe. 

same here.  unknown device only shows up on my Android Phone, not my IPAD, Laptop, or desktop.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, changed password multiple times, still shows up.  Getting ready to ditch and go back to Google Music

Suggested posts