Unknown devices connected to my account

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Web/iPhone 11/Windows

My Question or Issue

Since a week random users are connected to my Spotify account and playing songs on their devices. I tried to logout all devices, reset my (facebook login password) + App Logins but this issue still occurs. I really have no clue how this can happen. 

See screenshot: (Music is playing on Gertrude's iPad, never heard of her) When I say Forgot device, then after some time another device seems to be linked with another name. 

PNG-afbeelding 4.png
PNG-afbeelding 3.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Rozemeijer 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Considering you already changed your password and logged out of all devices, I also recommend that you review the connection of Spotify with other apps by following the instructions presented here:

I also recommend you change your account's passwords again and if you use a password manager app, I also recommend that you change the master password of it too. Here you can find more tips and tricks that may help you on solving this:

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @Rozemeijer 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Considering you already changed your password and logged out of all devices, I also recommend that you review the connection of Spotify with other apps by following the instructions presented here:

I also recommend you change your account's passwords again and if you use a password manager app, I also recommend that you change the master password of it too. Here you can find more tips and tricks that may help you on solving this:

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks for the help @Luan i think an old Facebook App link was the big villain here. 😉👍

Hey again, @Rozemeijer 

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Glad to know we solved this together. 🙂

If you have any other questions or need more help, don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts