Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlinking Facebook account

Solved!

Unlinking Facebook account

I am (trying to) deactivate my Facebook account. I had previously created a Spotify account both through Facebook and login through my e-mail (they are apparently linked as they both show my Facebook profile picture and have the same playlists). Each time I attempt to login to Spotify through my e-mail, it is still re-activating my Facebook account. It will also sometimes give me the error message "Unable to login" but then it will login successfully the next attempt (same e-mail and password)- but then I will get the e-mail from Facebook thanking me for re-activating my account. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

You need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on Facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

After that, you'll be able to deactivate Facebook, since you'll only need to use your new Spotify username/password to login.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

You need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on Facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

After that, you'll be able to deactivate Facebook, since you'll only need to use your new Spotify username/password to login.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts