Unrecognised activity

Solved!

Unrecognised activity

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

My Question or Issue

For the past couple of months I’ve been noticing strange activity on my Spotify account, particularly my recently played songs are all random artists that i have never listened to. All the artists in the recently played list has only one song available, hardly any followers and very few plays (a few thousand). Also i noticed i had started following about 15 artists I’ve never heard of before. 

I also had an incident where i was trying to listen to music but the song would change to a random song about 1 minute into the song i was trying to listen to. 

I followed the steps recommended by Spotify, I changed my Spotify password, my facebook password (where i also use two factor authentication), and I do not have the same password anywhere. I also logged out of all devices in my account page. However, the problem persists and i keep having random songs in my recently played list. Is this a problem that a lot of users are having? It definitely appears to be some kind of bot activity. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jujuliee - Welcome to the Spotify Community 👋🏻

Spotify take Security extremely seriously and have a dedicated Security Team working around the clock to ensure your account remains secure. Great work so far with your password, resetting and the other steps, in that article you it does outline the form you previously read under option 2 it then recommends that you reach out to Spotify's dedicated Accounts Team who are able to take a look backstage at what's happening here. I've linked you to the Support Article again here and then you can use the Contact form attached in that article.

Keep Safe, 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @jujuliee - Welcome to the Spotify Community 👋🏻

Spotify take Security extremely seriously and have a dedicated Security Team working around the clock to ensure your account remains secure. Great work so far with your password, resetting and the other steps, in that article you it does outline the form you previously read under option 2 it then recommends that you reach out to Spotify's dedicated Accounts Team who are able to take a look backstage at what's happening here. I've linked you to the Support Article again here and then you can use the Contact form attached in that article.

Keep Safe, 

Suggested posts