Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade fail

Upgrade fail

March 31st, I purchased the premium package for Spotify to be online all the time and have unlimited skips etc, the promotion was $0.99 for the first 3 months, and $11.99 every month from then on. I was charged $11.99 when I chose the $0.99 for the first 3 months, not sure of that was the actual process but it doesn't make sense, can you please explain? Also even though I have paid this amount of money the premium subscription hasn't worked on my account, it is still saying the free subscription, why is this?

13 Replies

Hey there @luc_boyes, welcome to the community!

This sounds odd. Did you perhaps subscribe to Premium via a third-party service, like iTunes?

K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Not that I am aware of?
I saw the promotion 3 months for $0.99 on Facebook so I clicked that link which redirected me to the spotify website

Hey again -

Did you already have a Spotify account that had had Premium in the past, even a trial?

K

Yeah I have already had an account and have done a free month trial for premium, what does mean?

Hey again -

Promotional trials are usually for new users that haven't had tried Premium in the past. It usually mentions that on the bottom of the promo, like this.

Screenshot 2016-03-06 23.37.41.png

Do you remember if yours said the same? In that case, it could be that you weren't eligible for that promo trial Premium.

Hope this helped!

K

I see, I can't remember but it could be possible.
Having said that though, I was still billed $11.99 and I'm not getting the premium right now, it still says I'm offline all the time ??

Hmm, that is odd. Offline service is for Premium users so it doesn't make sense. Can you check in your account page if it shows up as Free or Premium subscription? (https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/)

If it says you have a Premium subscription, then try to manually set your account as online in your device.

K

"Spotify Premium, Your subscription will automatically renew on 30/04/16 and you'll be charged $11.99"

Is what it says on my account on my laptop!

Then when I go to manually turn it online on my phone it pops up with "you discovered a premium feature, upgrading to spotify premium will unlock it." then i press unlock and nothing happens.

I look at my account on my phone and it says the free prescription!!

whyyyy

Hey again -

Try logging out in the phone client and logging back in. It could be that it hadn't refreshed your updated info.

Let me know how it worked 🙂
K

hello,

I've logged in and our numerous times 😞 still nothing

Hey @luc_boyes!

Can you verify you are logging in with the same username that's displayed in your account overview that shows you have a subscription. If the username is all numbers, then that means you are logged in with Facebook. If you log in your account and are still not able to access Premium features, try reinstalling Spotify on all your devices by following these steps. 

Let me know how that goes!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yeah same username not Facebook.
I've already tried reinstalling the app multiple times also 😞 nothing is working for me

@luc_boyes wrote:
Yeah same username not Facebook.
I've already tried reinstalling the app multiple times also 😞 nothing is working for me

@luc_boyes What about the desktop client, does it show Premium or Free? Is it possible that you can get a screenshot from the settings page on the desktop client and this page? Also, can you provide the following information about your devices:

Spotify Desktop Version:

Computer Operating System:

Mobile Spotify Version:

Mobile Operating System:

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts