Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Galaxy s9+ \ PC

Operating System

android \ windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've joined Spotify a few days ago and got my free trial going on.

when i registered i chose "Kami" as my nickname (yes i know i can't loggin with this name and that im getting a random string of letters and numbers as a username)
However, for some reason Spotify completly ignored my nickname and now im stuck with that long random username they gave me as my nickname.

i have no idea how to change that and also i cannot make a new account as i'll lose my fresh free trial. 
if anyone or ever a mod see this and can help me i'll be grateful because this app looks great for music but this is a bad way to start things out.

image.png
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Username BUG

Rock Star 12
Rock Star 12

Hey @user-removed ,

Welcome to the Community! 

I'd recommend you to confirm if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here.

Also, it can take a week or so to refresh your profile and show your Facebook name, instead of a bunch of random characters.

Hope this helps. 😃

BruneliciaRock Star 12
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

RoseHerman
Visitor

Same thing here.
Spotify must be kidding!!!!
A week to refresh a username? I work with databases for 25 years now... Updating a field is a sub second story... Unless you have a crappy app.
I have registered my 12 years old daughter to Spotify to our family Premium account and now she ends up with a very crappy bunch of random characters as a username... Are you Spotify serious with this? You do not allow users to change their username, you do not allow users to delete theirs account and you end up with such a sloppy piece of app? Have you guys already heard about the difference between a primary key and a unique key in a database? This is ridiculously laughable. I can't believe I am paying for this... Oh! Yeah! and please stop with the captchas EVERYWHERE and hire some serious developers. Thanks

Highlighted

Hey there @user-removed and @_pierre1974,

If the display name you've chosen during sign-up doesn't show in the app, it could be related to this Ongoing Issue. It'd be great if you could add your +VOTE, so we can track how many users are affected by this.

We'll also be happy to help you with your desired display name, if you can provide the following info:

• Your current username. You'll find it on your account overview page.
  • Your device + OS version.
  • The display name you want.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies 🙂 

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

desired display name is : "Kami" 
im using spotify on either my galaxy s9+ android version 9 

or on my PC that uses windows 10.

image.png
Highlighted

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Feel free to reach out to support with your request. 

Have a wonderful day!

PetyaModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS