Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happens with my playlist, if I delete the account and .....

What happens with my playlist, if I delete the account and .....

Hello together
i want to close my premium account and create a new family account in one or two months when i move with my new family. So I don't want to keep the existing account (new address, new email etc.).
How can I save my playlists so I can transfer them to my new account?
Will the playlists be deleted when the account is closed?
What happens to the people who follow my playlist when the account no longer exists - do the followers still see the playlist?
Many thanks for your help

13 Replies

Hey @lachaca thanks for reaching out to the Community,

I would suggest you actually not delete your account. You can simply change your email/address and keep your playlists, followers, and music. When you do move, you can cancel your current premium plan, and then purchase a family plan, that way you do not have to start over again. 

Let me know what you decide,

Jack 🙂

Hi Jack
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will think about how I will proceed. 
Nevertheless two question remains unanswered:
What happens if a premium account is closed whose playlists I have followed (I have downloaded the playlists - available offline). Are they still available for me? or what happens with them.
And do my followers still see my playlists when I close the premium account?
Unfortunately I didn't find a reasonable answer in any description.

best regards

Hey agian,
If you end your premium subscription, the only thing that will happen is you will have to listen to ads and not be able to skip. Your followers will still be able to see your playlists, and you can play them to, you just will not be allowed to download music.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jack

Thank you Jack!

This is what I have found for my concerns too, i.e. if I cancel my Premium then my created playlist still exist or not?

Hi there @Quan_,

Thank you for reply in this thread.

We can confirm that you'll still have your playlists you've created in your library. However, you won't be able to listen to the playlists while being in offline mode.

We hope this information was helpful 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks @Jeremy for your advice.

As you've asked anything else, may I get rid of this long and hard to remember my name account?

Can this be anything that represents my identity and similar to myself? My name for example. 

Thank you

P.s. There isn't an option to delete post as I've found out the way to change my name account just now already.  

Hey @Quan_,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're glad to know that you already found the answer you were looking for. We'd just like to add that alphanumeric usernames are automatically generated and can't be changed, but no worries, as you can set and change your display name as you'd like, and that's the one that will be visible in your profile. More info in this article.

On another note, you can find how to remove a Community post in this article.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you, CarlosE!

Oh as it's not a straight forward for removing a comment that's why I didn't know.

BTW, how can I tag your name in my reply?

Thank you.

Hey @Quan_,

Thanks for your feedback 🙂

No worries. We'll pass it on to @CarlosE.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else.

Cheers!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Ver

You may have missed my question  as I'm asking how to tag someone in my reply?

Thank you

Hey @Quan_,

Thanks for the post.

When you write the '@' symbol you should see a list of all the community users who've posted in the thread, just click on one of the names and that should create an active tag link.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator

Just be clear (for I want to delete my account paid from Canada and start a new account in France): will I still be able to find my playlists? I’m going from a premium single to a single premium. I’m doing this because I’m changing payment method and using a card from a bank in France now.

Hi @26055879,

Thanks for the reply. In your case, a new account sounds completely unnecessary, you can just switch to your French payment method and on the next billing date, the country will be updated to France too. If changing the payment method doesn't work directly, try to cancel your subscription, wait for the account to revert to free and then try again. In both cases, your full library of playlists, liked songs, etc. will remain intact.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts