Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

I am having the same problem. can you help? 

Hey Besus! 🙂 

What is the issue you are having? (There are a few going on in this thread!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! I really need help cause i disconnected my facebook from my account (which im paying for) and now i dont have my playlists and i can only use the free spotify version. Can any moderator help me merge the two accounts again since i wanna be able to listen to spotify without commercials. Cheers!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account, you just need to log back in using your dedicated Spotify username and password.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly.

Peter

Peter

Hi!

Thank you for your quick answer, the problem is that i cant remember if i have an original spotify username, if im not mistaken i always used my facebook account as login. I read the post and ive read that post earlier and i dont think it can help me since i cant remember my username (if i even have one) and i tried mailing the spotify team explaining my situation but the only response i get is that "were sure u can find a solution on either the forums or in the faq" and nothing else as a response. Im getting frustraded about this since i havent been able to login to my original account for over a month now.

And i know this isnt really the right thread to post in but for some reason it wont let me post in the thread that u linked me.

tossen

If you where able to press the disconnect from facebook button then you must have an old Spotify username somewhere. Not to worry, if you reply directly to that automated email reply (even if its from no-reply) it will be pushed to a customer services agent who will be able to help you. 

Peter

Peter

I've done all the reset but when I log in back to Facebook as me, I got correct the picture but still the same wrong name.

What to do more??

Hi the wrong Facebook account is linked to my spotify account. I do not have a computer only an ipad. Is there anyway I can fix this cheers.

@daria2 wrote:

I've done all the reset but when I log in back to Facebook as me, I got correct the picture but still the same wrong name.

What to do more??

Sometimes that data is stored temporarily on Spotify's servers, it should correct itself over time. Try logging out and back in again a few times. 

Peter

Peter

I've made the mistake of signing up for Spotify via Facebook - I want to disconnect it, but I read through, I see there is no way of disconnecting Spotify as it is linked to my account? I want to deactivate Facebook because of exams, and I've already paid for a suscription. I also don't want to create a new account because I have followers & playlists I want to keep... Is there any way of unlinking my account to Facebook and just make a username or create new account without losing any of this?? 

Thanks so much,

Phoebe

@phoebejwang wrote:

I've made the mistake of signing up for Spotify via Facebook - I want to disconnect it, but I read through, I see there is no way of disconnecting Spotify as it is linked to my account? I want to deactivate Facebook because of exams, and I've already paid for a suscription. I also don't want to create a new account because I have followers & playlists I want to keep... Is there any way of unlinking my account to Facebook and just make a username or create new account without losing any of this?? 

Thanks so much,

Phoebe

Unfortunately not, if you have a Spotify account created via Facebook, there is no way to unlink that account from Facebook so you need to keep your Facebook active to use that account. If you want to migrate to a new non-Facebook Spotify account, then get in touch with the customer services team using the contact form and they will be able to assist you. 

Peter

Peter

Hi.. i have a problem simular... I have 2 facebook accounts. One of them connected to spotify with playslist and so on... now my spotify account is connected with the wrong facebook accounts and i cannot see my playlist and "saved" numbers and so on... What do i do?

Mads

Hi,

I have a big problem with my account.

I discovered it yesterday. When I'm logged in the user name in the top right corner is my fiances Facebook-name (which is not his Spotify-name). I've read all I could find in the forum and googled it. This is what I tried:

1. Logged out and back in (several times).

2. Went in to preferences and disconnected from Facebook and connected with my facebook-account, all that happened was that the picture changed from his facebook-photo to my facebook-photo, the name still wrong.

3. I uninstalled, emptied cache etc and reinstalled Spotify on both my computers. I also uninstalled and reinstalled it on my iPhone.

Nothing works. I've tried all these things several times, both yesterday evening and today.

It's a really big issue for me as we are creating a Spotify list for our wedding together with our friends, and now I just feel like I can't put any songs in it 'cause it has to be with our own names.

Also, when I reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone it saif I had a 48 h trial version, I don't, I have the Premium paid version.

I would be very happy if this could be sorted ASAP as it really annoys me and stresses me out, also I need to be working with the Wedding list and at the moment I feel I can't.

//Jonna

Sometimes it can take a little time for the Spotify servers to catch up to changes, since temporary caching of data occurs both on the client and server side in order to save on bandwidth and sever load. Give it a little time (maybe 24 hours) and then log out and back in again and see if that corrects the issue.

Peter

Peter

I have this problem.

I logged into my Spotify account at work and suddenly I had my colleague's Facebook picture and name at the top. 

Her name is "Inger Brit Karlsen" and my Spotify username is astridjosefine.

Can you help me remove "Inger Brit Karlsen" from my Spotify account?

Thank you in advance 🙂

... I see now yhat I have the exact problem as "beerocratic" had.

Hi, i need to transfer all my playlist and Facebook user from my [snip - email address] account to my emorlet1803 spotify account
Can you help me? I cant attach my facebook account to my New emorlet1803 account, i already canceled te [snip - email address] account

@emorlet wrote:
Hi, i need to transfer all my playlist and Facebook user from my emorlet1803@hotmail.com account to my emorlet1803 spotify account
Can you help me? I cant attach my facebook account to my New emorlet1803 account, i already canceled te emorlet1803@hotmail.com account

If you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get those transfered over for you. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have this problem.

I signed up with Facebook, so the option to disconnect isn't there for me. Can someone disconnect me from Facebook? If not, can you completely delete my account so I can recreate with this email address at least?

Thanks!

@user-removed wrote:

Hi, I have this problem.

I signed up with Facebook, so the option to disconnect isn't there for me. Can someone disconnect me from Facebook? If not, can you completely delete my account so I can recreate with this email address at least?

Thanks!

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and request they delete your account for you so you can reuse the email address. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts