Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Suggestion: Allow Username Changes/Flexibility

Issue: Would like a public username this is not my full name (due to link to Facebook) and/ would like to change the username I first registered with. Why? I am highly engaged in social media online, but never use my full name for privacy reasons. Sa...

• Casual Listener
  • Issue: Would like a public username this is not my full name (due to link to Facebook) and/ would like to change the username I first registered with.   Why? I am highly engaged in social m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Student Discount Question

Hello, I'm currently attending high school, however I have enrolled for the fall semester at a university and everything is locked up and official. Do I qualify for the "student discount?" This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm just curious. T...

• Hello, I'm currently attending high school, however I have enrolled for the fall semester at a university and everything is locked up and official.  Do I qualify for the "student discount?" &n...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment problems

Hello, I have had a spotify premium subscription for some time now, but recently Spotify have been unable to take money from my account? I haven't changed anything and i have plenty of money in my account. So spotify have now cancelled my subscriptio...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I have had a spotify premium subscription for some time now, but recently Spotify have been unable to take money from my account? I haven't changed anything and i have plenty of money ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I delete a radio?

I accidentally click start radio for a certain song or artist or playlist a lot and now I have a bunch of radios that I don't want. Is there any way of deleting them?

• I accidentally click start radio for a certain song or artist or playlist a lot and now I have a bunch of radios that I don't want. Is there any way of deleting them?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't access my account because I've moved from US to Brazil.

I can't access my account because I've moved from US to Brazil, and even knowing that Spotify had just arrived here, they won't let me change the country, once there's not Brazil between the available options. They've put me in a unsoluble position, ...

• I can't access my account because I've moved from US to Brazil, and even knowing that Spotify had just arrived here, they won't let me change the country, once there's not Brazil between the availabl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hijack

Hello there!Today morning, I was listening to music when it suddenly stopped and logged me out. I tried to log in and could get in, but would get logged out 10 seconds later. I could continue to listen to music if I turned on offline mode quickly aft...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there! Today morning, I was listening to music when it suddenly stopped and logged me out. I tried to log in and could get in, but would get logged out 10 seconds later. I could continue to ...
  • Jamie
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment

You charged me two times 19/4, I payed 99+99. That can not be right... please give the money back

• Visitor
  • You charged me two times 19/4, I payed 99+99. That can not be right... please give the money back
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sonos 6 month free premium hasn't activated

I followed all the steps and confimation screen said my account (whereistoby) has been upgraded. however i'm still a free user. i've done all the steps suggested - logged out, reinstalled. Please help, i wanted to get this sorted before i go away tom...

• I followed all the steps and confimation screen said my account (whereistoby) has been upgraded. however i'm still a free user. i've done all the steps suggested - logged out, reinstalled.  Pl...
  • Jamie
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

DEAR SPOTIFY SERVICE TEAM

Hi guys, i am from Germany and i have since 4 days the problem that my Spotify APP misses my PREMIUM Account. I read in the WWW that it is maybe a problem with the Payment method. My problem is so far, that Spotify Ltd. gets the money for the Premium...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   i am from Germany and i have since 4 days the problem that my Spotify APP misses my PREMIUM Account. I read in the WWW that it is maybe a problem with the Payment method. &nbs...
  • Tobi1983
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Se me ha borrado listas y premium

Hola!Ayer actualice mi spotify en iphone y al volver a entrar no tenia nada y me dice que soy usuario free y yo era premium y de hecho lo estoy pagando en el banco.Mi mail es rafa.garate@gmail.comPor favor decidme que ha pasadoGracias.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola! Ayer actualice mi spotify en iphone y al volver a entrar no tenia nada y me dice que soy usuario free y yo era premium y de hecho lo estoy pagando en el banco. Mi mail es rafa.garate@gmail.co...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New 50% student account doesn't apply to West Point?

I go to the United States Military Academy at West Point and tried to recieve a 50% discount? Is West Point not an accreditted school? It's in the top ten according to forbes: http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/ I was confirmed in my first manua...

• Casual Listener
  • I go to the United States Military Academy at West Point and tried to recieve a 50% discount? Is West Point not an accreditted school? It's in the top ten according to forbes: http://www.forbes.c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Account help needed please

I recently got my facebook hacked so I changed the password for it and other things when I log into spotify it opens up but says "The username or password is incorrect. Please check that your user details are correct: log out and log in to Spotify ag...

• I recently got my facebook hacked so I changed the password for it and other things when I log into spotify it opens up but says "The username or password is incorrect. Please check that your us...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscribed to unlimited - payment has been taken - but am still on free.

Hi, I subscribed two days ago to unlimited - payment has been taken on my credit card - but today my account has reverted to free (suddenly starting getting adverts) and it says I'm on free in my account details. How to fix please?

• Visitor
  • Hi, I subscribed two days ago to unlimited - payment has been taken on my credit card - but today my account has reverted to free (suddenly starting getting adverts) and it says I'm on free in my acc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Not Working on my Desktop but fine on my Mobile

Hello, Can anyone help? After some recent payment issues i agreed to make my payment on my next pay day which was agreed and my premium account kept in place - everything has been working fine on my phone app and ive been listening to music with no w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Can anyone help?   After some recent payment issues i agreed to make my payment on my next pay day which was agreed and my premium account kept in place - everything has be...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Receiving emails for notifications that I've unsubscribed.

A long time ago I unsubscribed from all but one kind of notification, yet I'm still receiving the ones I've unsubscribed from. How do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • A long time ago I unsubscribed from all but one kind of notification, yet I'm still receiving the ones I've unsubscribed from. How do I fix this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Entered credit card info, but account doesn't show it

Hey friends, I let my subscription to premium lapse for about two weeks and just set down to re-up it, now on a different card. When I tried to start it up, it only allowed me the option to use the free 30 days promotion (which I used up long ago) an...

• Hey friends, I let my subscription to premium lapse for about two weeks and just set down to re-up it, now on a different card. When I tried to start it up, it only allowed me the option to use the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Account free trial charge

I had the 30 day trial which expires tomorrow (4/24) I checked several times over the past couple of days to make sure that 4/24 was the expiration date, so that I could cancel today (4/23) I went to cancel it and they have already charged me for a m...

• I had the 30 day trial which expires tomorrow (4/24)  I checked several times over the past couple of days to make sure that 4/24 was the expiration date, so that I could cancel today (4/23) &nb...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Took payment 3 months later? Yet no premium??

Hey, just checked my paypal and saw that Spotify had taken 15$ for something I ordered 3 months ago (some special offer thing) and never recieved. Back then there was a transaction that was sent back to me, and now it popped up again all of a sudden?...

• Hey, just checked my paypal and saw that Spotify had taken 15$ for something I ordered 3 months ago (some special offer thing) and never recieved. Back then there was a transaction that was sent back...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot update my profile

Hey, Everytime I attempt to change my account information, it says "Another account is already registered with this email address." (no **bleep**). I'm the one using this email. As a result, I cannot edit any of my information until this "error" is c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   Everytime I attempt to change my account information, it says "Another account is already registered with this email address." (no **bleep**). I'm the one using this email. As a resul...
  • mrcathal09
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

I have signed for Spotify Premium, but my playlists do not work offline . What do I have to do? I have changed my cardnumber into my profile, since I have a new Visa card. Br Mona

• I have signed for Spotify Premium, but my playlists do not work offline . What do I have to do? I have changed my cardnumber into my profile, since I have a new Visa card. Br Mona
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes