Free

Country

U.S

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

ios 16.2

My Question or Issue

hi, i'm currently unable to login to my spotify account on my iphone. as far as i know, i have looked into every possible way to try and fix this, such as shutting down my phone, redownloading, resetting passwords, etc. spotify works just fine on my PC, but every time i try to log in on mobile, it says "error 101: your aren't connected" even though i most definitely am. ive tried this on multiple networks, but nothing works. the links also expire as soon as they are sent. ive never had issues in the past, so i'm confused and i'm literally stuck. can anyone help? 😕

9 Replies

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with logging into your Spotify account on your iPhone. Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure that you are connected to a stable network and that your device is not in airplane mode.

2. Restart your iPhone and try logging in again.

3. Check if there is an issue with the Spotify service, you can check the status of the service at https://www.spotifystatus.com/

4. Try logging in with your Spotify credentials on another device or browser to see if the issue is specific to your device or if it is a problem with your account.

5. Check if your account is blocked or suspended by the Spotify team, this could be caused by a violation of the terms of service, you can contact Spotify support to check on that.

6. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app.

7. Check if your IOS version is up to date, if not, please update it.

8. If none of the above solutions work, contact Spotify support for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional support.

It's important to note that sometimes, the issue could be caused by a temporary problem with the servers of the service, so try again later.

@itsdanriley, thank you for these possible solutions, however i've done every single one of these besides contacting Spotify support. so i guess that's what i'll do if no one else has any other suggestions. thanks anyway 

Hi there @elayna_lol,

Thanks for reaching out. Excellent suggestions by @itsdanriley, thank you for those 🙂 If those don't work, since the issue seems to be specific to the iPhone from what you've described, try performing a clean reinstall to remove any corrupted data that might be present. That ought to resolve the issue. 

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've redownloaded/ offloaded Spotify before, if that's what you mean. Also, I cant necessarily perform a clean reinstall or "clean the cache" if i can't even access the app. Any other solutions? I've talked to two moderators already in the past week and neither of them could figure it out. hopefully the solution is something simple, but i'm not sure if it's something on my end anymore

Hi there @elayna_lol,

Thanks for the reply. The error you mentioned appears on the login screen, is that correct? Is that before or after you've entered your login credentials? Also, please send us a screenshot of the error so we can take a look.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

@joan, 

yes, it appears on the login screen after i put in my credentials. here's the screenshots so you can see the error and invalid link screens: 

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 4.54.12 PM.png.png
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 4.53.37 PM.png.png
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 4.56.11 PM.png.png

Hi @elayna_lol,

Thanks for the info. Could you try making a new account and logging into that on your phone? Try that and see if the same error appears. 

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator

hi @joan,

i made a new email and account, then tried to log in. it still gives me a "no internet" or "try again later" error. this is very frustrating, because i am connected to wifi and internet when i do this, and i still get the same errors no matter what network im connected to. help? 

Hey @elayna_lol,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

We'd suggest to check if Spotify is allowed to access local network. In order to do that go to iPhone's settings > Privacy & Security > Local Network. You'll see the apps that have access to local network there - make sure that Spotify is one of them.

Another thing you can also double check is that Spotify has access to Cellular data. Go to Settings again > Cellular > scroll down to see the apps and make sure Spotify is toggled on so that it's allowed to access your cellular data as well.

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help! 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts