Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!

is it possible to block a certain artist?

is it possible to block a certain artist from showing up in your feed and in your autoplay? for example, i really really hate the weeknd, is it possible for me to block his songs from autoplaying on playlists (i.e top 40, etc)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

65 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

People have been suggesting this for over two years... maybe it's about time to start doing something with this awesome suggestion...

C'mon Spotify, improve your effing software already! Everybody hates at least one  band, why can't we ban them FOREVER from our radio stations? The sound of the Flaming Lips makes me lose my effing mind. Worst band ever, next to Kid Rock, of course.

Based on the amount of requests on this particular subject, just effing do it already.

My wife asked me the same thing, so I made a tiny, simple tool that does just that 🙂 

< snip - moderator edit >

This is a virus Trojan.Win64.Barys.eeaces - be warned

This is not solved. I really want this feature...some songs I dislike and they come in playlists again and again....

I hate some artist and they come again and again on may radio, or weekly suggestions

We need this;

In the daily mix it is not even possible to remove the tracks of artists I do not want to hear untill these are playing.  Come on at least give us that to remove the real stinkers from the daily mix before they torture us.

Or just let me personally ban **bleep** artists like Ted Nugent or Starship/Jefferson Airplane/Airplaine or what the **bleep** that band is called today so that I do not have to hear then ever again.  I'm paying for the music I listen to on spotify.  Woild You like it to be forced to buy cd's from artists you do not like in order to be able to buy the ones that you do like?

I'm really starting to think about voting for all the issues that I have raised with my wallet and take my business elsewhere.

You listen to some nice tracks and suddenly you hear the band/artist that you really hate. This is NOT why I am using Spotify. It should be possible to block the artist that you hate because you don't like their music or you just don't like the artist itself. There are a few artists that I don't like because of the way they present themselves. Please make it possible to block certain bands and artists.

Spotify, please reevaluate this issue. There are some songs that Spotify recommends to me and I've already decided I don't like some of them but they will still show up consistently. It's really annoying and I just want the option to block the songs I don't like so they don't keep popping up. Maybe something less harsh than the phrase "block" could be like dislike. So I could "dislike" a song if it really bothered me.

It is criminal in this day and age that Spotify do not have a Phil Collins blocking mechanism in place.

saying something cannot be done and will not be implemented is not a solution. On the contrary it is counter productive.  Contrary to what spotify claimed a few weeks ago on the Belgian tv that through data they know what music their customers want and want to improve their experience they actually give jack - S-H-I-T about their customers other than getting the money and selling their data to the most bidding.

Spotify has said after careful consideration they're not going to implement this idea. Well after careful consideration, it looks like I'm cancelling my premium membership. I shouldn't have to put up with Nickelback, Chris Brown or Zomboy via a music service I'm paying for. SMH

So you decided not to do it? Just why?

There are r*pists, abusers, racists and a lot of horrible people that have their music on the site and I don't plan on wasting my money to support them just because they went viral or something.

You guys need to fix this. 

prob my fav feature on spotify is the "personalised" weekly recommendations. that said, spotify has to TORTURE me on every possible occasion with Pumarosa. heaven forbid i let Autoplay kick in.... given that your weekly recommendations have been **bleep** for the last 4 months, i could just end my subscription

Bhad Bhabie keeps popping up and I hate her voice... I have absolutely no way of blocking her and it is going to make me stop using spotify. She truly is really annoying and her voice just pisses me off. Please find a way to solve this. I love spotify as an app but I dont think I (or anyone else in the world) should have to put up with that voice . 

This is marked as a solution but solved it's not its just passed off.
I really don't like Biffy Clyro, but Spotify seems to think I want to listen every other track!

I just saw the ‘solution’ too, which is just a middlefinger to the community and just close the case with an answer that says less than nothing. I don’t want to pay for what I do not like, and if I know what I don’t like I want to be able to automatically skip it. As this is not being added definitely, I’m going to cancel my subscription after this message.

I can’t play any 80’s music without the freakin culture club popping up. I can’t stand it. I’m actually considering terminating my Spotify account due to the inability to block!

Suggested posts