Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

my brother's echo dot keeps connecting onto my spotify

Solved!

my brother's echo dot keeps connecting onto my spotify

So my brother and I are both on the Spotify Student Plan, but we have two different accounts and each pay for our own Premium. For some reason, whenever I'm listening to music on my account, whether when I'm on my phone, computer or driving, his music always connects to mine when he plays music through his echo dot. Our accounts aren't linked so I'm not really sure why this happens. I always hit "forget" for his echo dot, but my phone keeps reconnecting, even when I'm an hour away driving. We both live in the US if that matters. Both have iPhone 10's.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yep! That's it. Actually, you need to set your Echo up with your own Amazon ID. If you have your device under your brother's account, it will sync to your brother's Spotify. In this case, you need to switch the account linked to your Echo and resync your own Spotify account to your own Amazon ID.

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

Hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey, @arman_nessar 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

It seems that you both connected your accounts on the same Amazon Alexa device as well. Now, I recommend that you access your account page and revoke the Alexa from the list of apps that have access to your Spotify information account (ask your brother to follow these steps on his account too). After that, ask your brother to break the connection between their Alexa app and your accounts and after that, he will be able to reconnect his Spotify account and his Alexa again, normally. Hopefully, everything will work fine after that...

More information about Alexa + Spotify here:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

we just did that and we'll see what happens. however, we both have our own echo dots, but we never used each others. The only thing is my echo dot is under his amazon account, maybe that's why but im not sure.

Marked as solution

Yep! That's it. Actually, you need to set your Echo up with your own Amazon ID. If you have your device under your brother's account, it will sync to your brother's Spotify. In this case, you need to switch the account linked to your Echo and resync your own Spotify account to your own Amazon ID.

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

Hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

the problem is, i want to be able to use my spotify account for my echo dot, but whenever somebody else is using it, it automatically connects to my spotify which is kind of annoying 

Hey @salemi35,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you make sure your account is not linked to the Echo Dot in any way by logging out or switching the account on the Echo Dot? The described behavior looks like your account is still logged in there.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Having the same problem and my mother has cancelled Spotify altogether now, because I’ve had enough of it altering my Spotify experience etc. But it’s still happening! I’ve disconnected her echo and still not working properly. She even spoke with Spotify a couple days ago and they just told her to create a new account, which obviously changed nothing. Can someone PLEASE help?

Hey there @AshleighH,

Thanks for the post.

In this case, the best way to go forward would be to do a factory reset on your mother's Echo speaker. This way any accounts previously logged in the speaker will be removed, so the interference should stop.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts