Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Incorrect username or password" after logging out and signing in again. Password change not helping

Solved!

"Incorrect username or password" after logging out and signing in again. Password change not helping

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

N/A

Operating System

Windows 10, Chrome Browser

My Question or Issue

I'm having a weird problem where anytime I log out (intentionally or not) I'm unable to login with my password. I get the "Incorrect username or password" error when attempting to log in. I have to reset my password, which works. Afterwhich it automatically logs me in. All is well until I log out again, then I can't log in until I reset my password. I've done this half a dozen times, now. I've verified my password over and over. I've manually typed the password, tried using a password manager, doesn't matter. The reset always works but I can't ever sign in after logging out. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've always been logging in with my email address. Didn't realize you could log in with a username. Tried that and was able to log in successfully. (Why are we still using username logins?!).

Thanks for the suggestion. Annoying to have that significant of a bug with a service like Spotify.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi there @Leightonius,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I have also had that problem when I log out and try to log in and it says incorrect username or password.

This stepped worked for me, try logging in with your EMAIL and not your username to login on Spotify. Where it says Login, put your email in and password. And see if that works.

If that doesn't work I suggest you try a different browser or using incongnito mode. Also, try using a different device.

If none of the steps work I suggest you visit

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Cannot-log-in-to-Spotify-using-my-CORRECT-password/td-p/35...

Hope this helps. Looking out for your replies.

Marked as solution

I've always been logging in with my email address. Didn't realize you could log in with a username. Tried that and was able to log in successfully. (Why are we still using username logins?!).

Thanks for the suggestion. Annoying to have that significant of a bug with a service like Spotify.

Suggested posts