Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

security breach

Solved!

security breach

Hi, I just realized that someone get  access to my account, changed my subscription and added random people in family plan... At this moment, i reset my password and remove all of them...anyone knows how to change username in spotify app for windows? I am frustrated because every time when i launch spotify i see name of some fa**** who stole my account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I see. Probably it's an indication error. Perhaps the servers haven't processed it yet.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Karchedon, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I understand your conern, and security is Spotify's #1 priority. If you think someone gained access to your account, please check out this answer for more info and the next steps to take.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for the response however i already did this - i need information how to change username to previous or how to contact support to restore previous options of the account. I do not want to see that **bleep** muhammed every time when i log in. 

@Karchedon.

Thank for the reply 🙂 

In the last reply, if you checked out the link - please follow all the steps provided there.

Also, it's currently not possible to change your username - but you can check out this guide for alternative options.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

well, i do not write clearly - my username indeed was not changed - it is the same as before - karchedon - however when i am logged in i've got an information that i am logged as mohamed ibrahim mohamed - and in this manuals there is no information how to get rid of this. I already changed my avatar picture, but i am searching for information how to change to be logged as karchedon as before... 😕

and yes, i sent information via https://support.spotify.com/pl/contact-spotify-anonymous/ , changed password, logged off from all devices and still got that %@*%(@ mohamed. 

I guess that breach changed somehow profile name not username

I think you should report this to the technical support, so they can look after the security breach and the issue. Hope they won't be able to regain acces to your account!

i already reported, however support is struggling to change that mohamed too 😛

Marked as solution

I see. Probably it's an indication error. Perhaps the servers haven't processed it yet.

Suggested posts