Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why am I getting error 15??

why am I getting error 15??

hello, I have been trying to re log into the desktop spotify app on my macbook pro, and I am getting the message “error 15” I have checked firewall, and spotify is not blocked, as well as the hosts page, where I didn’t see any “ spotify” code. 

no other account will let me log in, and I have tried to redownload the app with no luck.

however, I am able to log into my account via other devices/laptops.

please help!!! I miss my music 😞

thank you!

2 Replies

Hi there @moon_soul,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you've been having issue logging into Spotify. Let's investigate this further together.

To start with, can you confirm that you followed the steps that are provided in this article under Clean reinstall? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If the issue persists, can you try with a different internet connection?

On another note, do you use any VPN? If so, try disabling it as Spotify officially doesn't support VPN.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

OH MY GOSH it worked!!! thank you so much!

I seriously tried every single possible way before this, and this just fixed it immediately.

Suggested posts