Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add To Up Next will end shuffle of playlist and start radio based on the song added (sporadic)

Solved!

Add To Up Next will end shuffle of playlist and start radio based on the song added (sporadic)

I use Spotify daily during my commutes and work while studying at University. Its a large portion of my day. Normally I use shuffle on my Saved songs but sometimes I get a vibe for a specific song from my saved songs list so I filter for it and use the "Add To Up Next" button to pop it into my shuffle queue. (obviously I cancel the filter so spotify doesn't start shuffling based on the filter 😠 ) What sometimes happens next is that the queued song will play next but instead of returning to shuffle it will begin a radio off the aforementioned song.

Not sure if this is a sporadic bug or a setting I can change... Any help would be appreciated as I love discovering new songs via radio but only when I WANT to. Very annoying to have to restart my shuffle on Saved Songs and risk repeats >_>

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SeanLunt! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like AutoPlay is turned on on your device. You can turn it off by heading to: 'Settings (Spotify) > Playback > AutoPlay.' Let me know if you can find it.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SeanLunt! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like AutoPlay is turned on on your device. You can turn it off by heading to: 'Settings (Spotify) > Playback > AutoPlay.' Let me know if you can find it.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

After some quick testing based on the use case descriped above it looks like it now reliably returns to my playlist on shuffle after exhausting the Next Queue.

Appreciate the quick response! Had not realized this setting existed nor that it had this effect, thank you. 🙂

Hey @SeanLunt!

Glad to hear things are alright again! Let me know if anything else pops up.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Suggested posts