Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding your own music

Solved!

Adding your own music

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

How do you add your own music to your account? I've added some of my own music using my pc but on my phone, the songs are greyed out? I have actually successfully done this before but it won't work now.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @MattWilliam 

Can you check the following first:

• The files are not from illegal sources as they're not permitted.
  • Some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify.
  • The file types are in one of these supported formats: .mp3 .m4p (unless it contains video) / .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer). The iTunes lossless format (M4A) is not supported.

After that, you need to follow the steps here to listen to their local files from their mobile device. If you are still having troubles, you can try adding their local files in another folder in their desktop device.

Also there is a similar thread here with the issue you are facing, be sure to check it out too.

Let me know how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello again Matt,

Check if all these are in order 

(After adding them to the desktop app)

• You're logged in to the same account on both your desktop and your mobile or tablet.
  • Your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
  • You have the latest version of the Spotify app installed (on both devices).
  • Your device's firmware is up-to-date. 

Let us know what happens! 

๐Ÿ™‚

Marked as solution

Hey there @MattWilliam 

Can you check the following first:

• The files are not from illegal sources as they're not permitted.
  • Some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats. You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify.
  • The file types are in one of these supported formats: .mp3 .m4p (unless it contains video) / .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer). The iTunes lossless format (M4A) is not supported.

After that, you need to follow the steps here to listen to their local files from their mobile device. If you are still having troubles, you can try adding their local files in another folder in their desktop device.

Also there is a similar thread here with the issue you are facing, be sure to check it out too.

Let me know how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi xoholo,

I've checked those things and no luck unfortunately...

Thanks

Hi Mantisentil,

That works! But the tracks need to be downloaded onto the phone? I didn't think that was necessary but close enough!

Cheers!

Suggested posts