Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art display on lockscreen

Solved!

Album art display on lockscreen

The album art does not display on my lock screen. It only displays a rectangular widget to control the music played.
Is it just android? Because it seems to display on IOS devices.
Using Samsung S7.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, I'm sorry, but I think that your launcher does not support the feature. If you want to have the fullscreen cover, you might have a try at the app I mentioned before. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Samsung's Touchwiz definitely does not support full screen album art so you will need a third party solution if that's what you want.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hi!
That's a feature that's supported on Android devices. Try to download the latest version of the Spotify app on the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.music) and reboot the device, then let me know if the issue is solved.
Cheers!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, but it still does not change anything on my lockscreen.

Any chance of a screen capture to show the spotify notification on your lock screen?

You might want to install Good Lock (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonjoon.goodlock), this should work with Spotify. Cheers!

Here you go. Appreciate the help
Screenshot_20170217-002141.png

Does the fullscreen cover work with Google Play Music?

It does not. Same goes for any other music player.
Marked as solution

Well, I'm sorry, but I think that your launcher does not support the feature. If you want to have the fullscreen cover, you might have a try at the app I mentioned before. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers

Marked as solution

Samsung's Touchwiz definitely does not support full screen album art so you will need a third party solution if that's what you want.

Well, in my S4 it was working perfectly...  (not in my new HW P10, though)

Yeah, I believe it has to do with certain android OS.

Hi, I am using i phone 7 plus with IOS 11, may I know how to show the full album art display on lockscreen instead of a small widget, thanks! 

iOS11 does not support full screen album artwork any longer, Apple removed this.

Thats a bummer. Wonder why they do it.
Hope they bring it back

Yeah, it's across the board too so even Apple music no longer has full-screen artwork.

Maybe they'll bring it back.

this does not work

That has to be one of the most meaningless posts I've seen this year @anarghyap.

Accept all the permissions for the app. That will do the trick 😉 

It will not see the solution for the real answer.

Suggested posts