Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa's not showing on Spotify app anymore.

Alexa's not showing on Spotify app anymore.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 5a

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Everything was peachy just over a week ago and then BAM, I cannot see any of my 7 echos on the Spotify app.  I can talk to Alexa and she will play anything as normal,  but I cannot see ANY of them on the Spotify app.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Alexa and Spotify apps with no luck.  I've tried resetting the networks on my phone.  My wife doesn't have the Spotify app, so I downloaded it on her Pixel 5a and for TWO SECONDS it listed all of the echoes, and then they disappeared!  WTH is happening?  I did notice that Spotify just did an update on 12-10-21 and I believe that could be the day all of this started.  Someone PLEASE help me, this is driving me batty!!!

Thank you...

Top Answer
kibby3
Visitor

I did the following, which worked for me:

1.  From web browser log into Spotify account. In 'Applications' remove 'Alexa'

2. From phone Alexa app unlink Spotify (Settings>Music & Podcasts>Spotify>Disable skill)

3. Restart phone Alexa app and relink Spotify and Enable skill (Settings>Music & Podcasts>Add Spotify>Enable skill)

4. From mobile Spotify app, play a song and click device icon to play on an echo device, keep this Spotify 'Current Device' window open

5. Whichever echo device not showing, take out power cable from echo device for 30 secs, plug back in and after echo has reset (blue light stops spinning on echo), the echo device will appear in your spotify app. Repeat for other echo devices not showing

38 Replies

Hi there @Pwheeler1965,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can check so there's no pending updates on your device.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I didn't, but thanks to you I just did and it worked! Thank you, have a
Merry Christmas! ☺️😊☺️

That is great to hear @Pwheeler1965!

We'll be here if there's anything else we can help out with! 

May your Christmas be... https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX9C4CKFyPkcc?si=97e2ed6fa6b14df6

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well it happened again.  I just did an Android update and now Spotify again, doesn't see any of my Echoes.  I did the trick from before three different times with no luck.  Anyone have any ideas???  I do not think I will be updating my Android system if I can get this working.

Thanks!!!

Hi @Pwheeler1965,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this.

Could you try toggling on "Show local devices only" in the app's settings? You can do that under Home > Settings > Devices.

If that doesn't do the trick, try unlinking your Spotify account from your Echoes (make sure to remove them from the Spotify account page as well) and link them again.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I tried the first thing, no luck. Now I can't figure out how to unlink
Alexa!?

Hey again @Pwheeler1965,

Thanks for the reply.

You can unlink your Spotify account from your Alexa-device by following these steps:

1. Open the Alexa mobile app and tap More
  2. Tap Settings > Music & Podcasts.
  3. Tap Spotify > Disable skill, then go to your Account page here and make sure your account isn't linked to your Alexa-devices. If it is, remove all devices from the Account page by clicking on Remove access.

When you're done, link your Spotify account again:

1. Open the Alexa mobile app and tap More > Settings > Music & Podcasts.
  2. Under Services, tap Link New Service.
  3. Select Spotify, then Link account to Alexa and log in to your Spotify account.

Keep us in the loop!

YordanModerator

I just tried this

and didn’t work 

Hi @Shanjamlam!

Could you try linking another Spotify account in the Alexa app (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if you'd get the same behavior?

In case you have an iPhone, check if Spotify is allowed to access your local network by going to Settings > Privacy > Local Network. If Spotify was already toggled on, toggle it off, then toggle it back on again and restart the app.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator

Stesso identico problema ( android 11) , provato tutte le soluzioni proposte ma nessuna funziona.

Ho risolto dicendo "spotify conncet" ad ogni dispositivo. Ora li vedo tutti. grazie a questo: 

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00007jRTPzSAO/echo-show-not-showing-in-spotify-devices

This method does not work. I tried 3 times with no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you 

yea I have iphone 13 promax and it doesn't work

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried replicating the issue with a different account on the mobile device? It's also important to check with a different device altogether. Have you also reset your router or tried a different network connections?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello. I see the Alexa Echo even in the web client, but no in the Spotify app. I mean in the same PC.

Update, only the windows app  is unable to join  other speakers in the network.. it doesn't works even with my Sonos Speaker.  with the Spotify web player and ios client I don't get any problem but the app.  looks like connect  is broken.  Btw all these problems are after the last windows 11 update (Windows 11, version 22H2)

Hi there @Gallup99,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We can confirm that there's actually an ongoing issue about this here. You can leave a Like and Subscribe to the thread to make sure you don't miss any updates about this.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care1

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for your answer, I was like crazi checking the firewall, antivirus and so..😅. Now is clear is app issue.

Saying to Alexa "Alexa, Spotify Connect" then searching for devices in my Spotify app solved my problem. It was working fine then suddenly Spotify couldn't find my echo dot. I tried all the steps, uninstalling Spotify and Amazon echo, unlinking and relinking accounts and nothing worked. Just that one command fixed everything

I managed to get all four alexa dots to show in my spotify devices menu just now. This is day 1 of it working though so not tried and tested.

I uninstalled the latest alexa app, allowed intstall apps from unknown devices and downloaded and installed an older version from around June 2022. 

Then in Spotify I removed access and disabled spotify as an app in the web browser section. Then re enabled it through the alexa app.

The I noticed the  "Show local devices only" was turned on in Spotify app, so I turned it off. Restarted spotify app and all devices showed.

Thanks, Jake

Suggested posts