Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All songs folder?

All songs folder?

None of the below information is required. Howdfever, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi where did all my songs folder go after the latest Android update? I always used that view why is it gone? 

15 Replies

Hello, 

"Songs" has now been renamed to "Liked Songs." It can be found in the Playlists tab under music. It should be at the top of your playlists; the background will be a blue/purple gradient with a white heart. Hope this helps!

But when I add new songs the don't appear there? I almost always play all my songs at shuffle but I'd doesn't seem possible to do that now?

Best regards Patrik 

They've let the village id10t lose on the system again ...

Seems to be designed by someone who is song and playlist orientated and doesn't acknowledge that people listen in different ways - particularly album focussed people who want to shuffle the tracks of their saved albums without having to build playlists.

Being able to shuffle the old 'All songs' list, containing the tracks of all saved albums automatically, was a great ease-of-use feature.  Why remove it?

The 'Liked songs' playlist is a completely different feature - as an addition, no problem.

STOP REMOVING FEATURES!!  

Keep it flexible for the user to listen to music in any way they want.  What is the point of access to virtually anything you want to listen to and then be proscriptive about how the user is meant to interact with that music.

Hi Patrik,

How are you adding songs to your liked songs? For example, if you are listening to an album, tapping the heart button won't add the songs to your Liked Songs anymore, and neither will tapping download. To do so, you'll have to go to ... and tap "like all songs." It's a more roundabout way of doing things now but you'll still be able to shuffle all of your songs. 

Hi atitlan,

Liked Songs is the same as Songs was. The change is how you can add songs to this playlist; you can't, for example, add an album with a simple tap of the heart or download button anymore. You should still be able to shuffle your library here. 

I'm totally confused by the "Liked Songs" playlist functionality. And I can't "save" a single song anymore???

Are all these changes fully documented anywhere in a easy to understand format. Every response on this forum has a different explanation and they are all confusing.

Hi biggreg, 

You can still save single songs. Tap ... by the right of the title and tap "Like" or tap the heart in the now playing screen to add the song to your liked songs.

Here is official information about how the update works: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Getting-to-know-the-new-Your-Library/ta-p/4766771

Before when you added an album it appeared in all songs folder, liked tracks and all tracks isn't the same thing. Now you say I have to like the songs or albums for them to appear in the folder if I just press the + button they don't appear, I'm really confused here this was no good please put back the all tracks folder how hard can it be.. 

""Songs" has now been renamed to "Liked Songs." It can be found in the Playlists tab under music. It should be at the top of your playlists; the background will be a blue/purple gradient with a white heart. Hope this helps!"

Thats incorrect. When you save an Album to your Library, the songs do not appear in the Liked Songs Playlist, so how do you access ALL songs in your Library??

They only appear if you manually press the "like" loveheart icon on ALL the songs in an album, which a pain and therefore this is a degradation in functionality for many people.

So when you save an Album to your Library you apparently do not like it because its songs do not appear in Liked Songs playlist!! Go figure!!! 🙂

This is a joke, I wonder what genius came up with this crappy idea? Don't they think before they make a major change in the app? This could make me change from Spotify to another music company. Redo and make right its embarrassing that a big company like Spotify make these mistakes. 

With all due respect, Spotify has always been more song and playlist oriented rather than album oriented. You can still shuffle all downloaded songs from the liked songs playlist after filtering.

I'm not talking about downloaded songs or liked songs I talk about all song I have on my Spotify. It's a big joke redo and make right, Spotify have always been a instable app. And it makes u wonder what kind of programmers the biggest music streaming company are using 🤔

I'm completely with you one this. Why can I not see all the songs I downloaded? It is very annoying because they occupy storage on my phone but there is no way to play them other than searching them again. I have been seriously considering switching apps, this can be the last drop in the bucket.

This is the dumbest idea ever, remove all songs from phone app. 

You're going by public transport, car, whatever, have hundred songs already downloaded and cannot choose all of them (because you're not in mood to listen one particular album).... 

I dunno which smart person came up with this idea, but will burn in **bleep** 🙂 

And the thing is, for sure they will not change it. 

Agggrrrrrr....

Congrats for superb ideas !

Suggested posts