Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alphabetical sorting bug

Alphabetical sorting bug

The Spotify app on my android seems to have bugged out and is now sorting everything by alphabetical order instead of track # in playlists. This is happening for every type of sorting by artist, recently added etc. For example instead of sorting the new Arctic Monkeys album as Star Treatment (track 1) into One Point Perspective (track 2) into American Sports (track 3) it is now sorting it as American Sports into OPP into ST, no matter whether this is by artist, album, or recently added. This is extremely frustrating at the moment meaning that I cannot listen to albums I've added to playlists in the correct order at the moment. Does anyone know of this is a recent change Spotify made or if there is a option to turn it off somewhere or if it is just a bug?

To clarify - when sorting by recently added it is actually sorting it by newer songs and the way it is intended to, however not in the exact order I added them. If I added Star Treatment before One Point Perspective first it will sort OPP before ST despite me adding the latter first. 

26 Replies

BUMP - please help!

help us please

This making me wanna off myself straight up

Pls fix 

got the same problem

Same problem; endlessly infuriating!

Why does it seem that every few weeks Spotify implements a new 'feature' that consistently makes it worse and less user friendly?

How hard is it to overhaul the settings menu and at least give users the ability to customise these kind of interfaces?

I'm having the same issue. Before when I sorted my music by artist, it would group songs by the same artist by album. Now when I sort by artist, it sorts all of the artist's songs in alphabetical order, mixing up the albums and making it difficult to listen to any album in order.

Still going on. Insanely annoying...

Absolutely horrendous, makes it impossible to skip forward or backwards to a particular song. It's all sorted by artist but the albums are absolutely random on my device, it's not just that the track numbers are random, Track #1 of Album "X" is followed by Track #5 of album "Z" followed by Track #7 of Album "Y" and so forth. It renders my playlists absolutely useless. 

I'll attach a screenshot of this bug.

spotifysort.png

Super annoying. Especially for users like me who treat their playlists more like 'collections'. i.e. I have one playlist per genre (Rock, Metal, Electro, etc.) and just throw every song I like out of that genre into the particular playlist. Sorting still works fine in the desktop client. I hope the phone sorting isn't intentional.

I would also suggest maybe adding multiple sort options. Sort of like Artist -> Year -> Album -> Track Number. 

Cheers

They are not at random. The songs under the same artist (when sorted) are sorted alphabetically and thereby ignoring album-chronology.

I have the same issue and **bleep**ing hate if I've listened to a playlist on shuffle, and feel like listening to the rest of the album - not possible unless I go to that specific album on the artist's page. Kind of ruins the idea of having a playlist....

Same here. Android Moto Z Play

Checking in again, still happening here even after resetting cache/downloaded playlists and reinstalling the app. Is it only on the android app?

trying to piece this together--are you having the issue just on the android app too?

trying to piece this together--are you having the issue just on the android app too?

Still happening, someone please fix this!

Same here, everything was fine until a couple weeks ago when my primary playlist started sorting songs into alphabetical order either by artist (with the album songs mixed together) or by album (with the albums mixed together with other artists). Everything is fine on the desktop application but not on my Android device.

Why can't they just sync the playlist sorting properly?

Happening to me as well, I started another thread before I found this one, contacted support and tried them on Twitter as well, and it feels like this issue is just being ignored, which is really frustrating 

Sorting works as expected on desktop PC (sort by album retains the track order), but it's messed up on Android and just ruins the listening experience. 

Please please please fix this. Between this and the ongoing issue with not being able to turn off the connect feature (making me having to keep my phone app on offline mode) , Spotify is just becoming unusable. 

I think I'll give Deezer a go. If the Android app shows basic competence
and doesn't pester me to use it as a social platform it'll become my daily
driver.

Suggested posts