Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alphabetical sorting bug

Alphabetical sorting bug

The Spotify app on my android seems to have bugged out and is now sorting everything by alphabetical order instead of track # in playlists. This is happening for every type of sorting by artist, recently added etc. For example instead of sorting the new Arctic Monkeys album as Star Treatment (track 1) into One Point Perspective (track 2) into American Sports (track 3) it is now sorting it as American Sports into OPP into ST, no matter whether this is by artist, album, or recently added. This is extremely frustrating at the moment meaning that I cannot listen to albums I've added to playlists in the correct order at the moment. Does anyone know of this is a recent change Spotify made or if there is a option to turn it off somewhere or if it is just a bug?

To clarify - when sorting by recently added it is actually sorting it by newer songs and the way it is intended to, however not in the exact order I added them. If I added Star Treatment before One Point Perspective first it will sort OPP before ST despite me adding the latter first. 

26 Replies

Yeah, Spotify certainly has been acting up lately, I have another thread with a quite annoying issue as well...

My Android app has been doing this for a month or so now. There's another thread here about it.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Albums-sorting-by-alphabetical-order-but-so-are-the-songs-i...

Me too. It's especially frustrating since I have to use my device offline (since my office bans Spotify streaming). This means my offline playlist is my source of music. 

I don't know if anyone else has had this, but when I filter by album, I can't actually play that album, it just plays the first song in the list! 

So for example, say I have album a, album b and album c in the playlist. I filter by "album c" and start playing the first track. The track playing is actually the first in album a!

This is one thing spotify _must_ sort. 

Rejoice! After a couple months of unending agony my playlist is now sorted by track listing and not alphabetical order!

May the Spotify gods look upon all that post here and grant them the gift with which I have been bestowed.

I fired off quite an annoyed email to them at the email I found at the bottom of the play store app page, where it says "contact dev" or whatever, linking this thread and being quite annoyed.

It was fixed the next day lol.

IT IS FIXED!!

Holy Moly. I never even realized that button existed! AWESOME!

Suggested posts