Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Andriod Amp App That Works With Spotify?

Solved!

Andriod Amp App That Works With Spotify?

I'm using PowerAmp on Android with my music and it sounds fantastic. I was wondering if there was an amp app that will work with Spotify's catalog of music. I am a premium member.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I assume you mean an equaliser? If so by changing the sound settings in Power Amp may well cross to the sound setttings for Spotify as on Android tere is just a single global equaliser which these apps tap into.

If you open Spotify then click settings and scroll down to equaliser what app opens if you tap on it? That app is your sound EQ control for all music streamed on your phone.

If you want alternatives; you can install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I assume you mean an equaliser? If so by changing the sound settings in Power Amp may well cross to the sound setttings for Spotify as on Android tere is just a single global equaliser which these apps tap into.

If you open Spotify then click settings and scroll down to equaliser what app opens if you tap on it? That app is your sound EQ control for all music streamed on your phone.

If you want alternatives; you can install an app such as ViPER4Android FX (which is what I use), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

FYI:- xda thread for V4A with setup guide, tips and support is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks! Equalizer is what I meant. That's interesting that Androids only have one equalizer setting per OS and every app uses it. When I went to the settings of Spotify on my phone, there wasn't an Equalizer section in the settings. I'm assuming it's because I'm using the trial version of PowerAmp and so I don't get those features. Regardless, I tried your alternatives. The first one was in Chinese and I'm not sure what version of Android I have on my phone so I was wary of downloading something wrong and/or I couldn't understand. Then I downloaded Equalizer which is nice, but not perfect. It only has presets and won't let you fully customize the settings for your music. I do like the auto detect feature that id's the song and it changes the preset accordingly, however. Now when I go to Spotify under settings there is an equalizer option and indeed Equalizer app opens. Thank you for your help! Cheers!

Those are just a couple of example apps for equaliser settings. Have a look on the play store and see which works best for you.

Hope I've helped in some way.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts