Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 4.1 strange storage problem

Solved!

Android 4.1 strange storage problem

hello

it seems that since some times, i've a bug on my Sony ZX1 Android 4.1.1 with Spotify 5.8.0.1029 :

usually it used to save downloaded music on usb storage data (128GB) but suddenly it starts saving to the internal storage (1GB) ! so quickly the internal memory gets full.

i already tried to uninstall et re install -> that solves the problem but as i said suddenly it starts to save again to the internal storage instead of the usb storage...

moreover on this device you cannot choose where to save the downloaded songs...

can you help me please ?

for information this is a new bug as previous version of Spotify used to work correctly and save songs to usb storage...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your phone being out of date may cause this issue as developers work to support the newest version of android and often older OSes are forgotten about.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi, here is what to do;

1) Uninstall the Spotify app.

2) Open the file manager on your phone (download one from the play store if you dont have one) and click on SD card (USB storage), Android, data, then delete the file below.

com.spotify.music

3) Restart your phone 

4) Install the Spotify app 

5) Go to settings and make sure you have SD card (USB storage) selected before you start downloading music.

Hope this helps.

hi

i've already tried this solution too.

it works BUT after some times, as i said, the Spotify app starts again to store in the internal storage.......

that's very strange indeed....

and as i said too, i cannot choose external or internal storage : the Spotify app automaticaly store the songs on the external usb ... for some times.... then, i don't know why, it starts to store into the internal storage.....

my device is Android 4.1.1 and cannot be upgraded. perhaps this is a bug on this version?

Marked as solution

Your phone being out of date may cause this issue as developers work to support the newest version of android and often older OSes are forgotten about.

perhaps...

but i would like an official answer from Spotify support so.

this is not a phone, it is the Sony ZX1 walkman running Android 4.1.1 so it is dedicated to listening to music; it would be sad if Spotify could not fix this bug (i repeat that the app used to work great some weeks before)

I'm ZX1 Walkman user too. Also having this storage dilema. It such a simple task but very complicated.

I should go with TIDAL. 

Suggested posts