Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android]

Too bad Spotify doesn't have a person available for help. I'm sure they have lost customers that way. They lost me because I couldn't log on. The pre programed help, didn't!

• Too bad Spotify doesn't have a person available for help. I'm sure they have lost customers that way. They lost me because I couldn't log on. The pre programed help, didn't!
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify using mobile data when listening to downloaded playlist

When using Spotify on Android in online mode, even if I'm listening to a downloaded playlist it will use data. Why? It didn't do this before. Currently using version 7.2.0.1250 armV7 I've tried restricting its connections to mobile network but still ...

• Gig Goer
  • When using Spotify on Android in online mode, even if I'm listening to a downloaded playlist it will use data. Why? It didn't do this before.   Currently using version 7.2.0.1250 armV7  ...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Stream Quality

I am testing both deezer and spotify to decide which is the best for me.I have found a lot of things where the one has a big plus and the other a big minus, in both ways, quite crazy indeed. Anyway .... in deezer the streaming quality is: enhanced, b...

• Music Fan
  • I am testing both deezer and spotify to decide which is the best for me. I have found a lot of things where the one has a big plus and the other a big minus, in both ways, quite crazy indeed. Anyway...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on Android

I can't dowload the songs on my phone from my local file on my computer. They are in a playlist and Spotify tells me to just download the playlist but nothing happens, it says it's downloaded but I can't listen to the song. What can I do?

• I can't dowload the songs on my phone from my local file on my computer. They are in a playlist and Spotify tells me to just download the playlist but nothing happens, it says it's downloaded but I c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't update

Hey,I've been waiting for the current update for months now. I'm using a Galaxy S7. Two friends of mine got the update on the same day, like I said, months ago. I'm still forced to use the older UI which is not very user friendly. In my opinion, you ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I've been waiting for the current update for months now. I'm using a Galaxy S7. Two friends of mine got the update on the same day, like I said, months ago. I'm still forced to use the older UI...
  • andigger
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App for Gear S3 (now released)

Now that Spotify has been released for the Gear S3, has anyone had any issues connecting to LTE and streaming from LTE? I have no issues listening to spotify while my phone is connected to the S3, but I just tried taking it on a walk without my phone...

• Casual Listener
  • Now that Spotify has been released for the Gear S3, has anyone had any issues connecting to LTE and streaming from LTE?  I have no issues listening to spotify while my phone is connected to the ...
  • Factory8118
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se elimina la musica

Tengo un problema soy usuario Spotify premium y en Mi Celular no me permite descargar musica dice que tengo más de 3 dispositivos en modo offlineYa me metí a la página principal y le di cerrar seción en todos lados y Borre todos los que decía que usa...

• Tengo un problema soy usuario Spotify premium y en Mi Celular no me permite descargar musica dice que tengo más de 3 dispositivos en modo offline Ya me metí a la página principal y le di cerrar seci...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No reproduce algunas listas

Tengo spotify premium y de unos dias hacia aca observe que aunque acabara de actualizar mis listas, varias de estas no se reproducian. En la foto adjunta se puede ver que unas estan remarcadas y otras no tanto, las cuales son las que no puedo reprodu...

• Tengo spotify premium y de unos dias hacia aca observe que aunque acabara de actualizar mis listas, varias de estas no se reproducian. En la foto adjunta se puede ver que unas estan remarcadas y otra...
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deletes my downloaded songs every couple of weeks

As the title states. Very, very annoying. I've tried the steps that I found in other threads but they don't work. Help, anyone? Thanks

• As the title states. Very, very annoying. I've tried the steps that I found in other threads but they don't work. Help, anyone? Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play particular songs because they are not available

I have been using Spotify on my laptop and Android phone for a little while now and there seems to be a problem in playing songs on my phone. Some songs that I tried to find on my laptop weren't be able to download, only to add to one of my playlists...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify on my laptop and Android phone for a little while now and there seems to be a problem in playing songs on my phone. Some songs that I tried to find on my laptop weren't be a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuttering On Every Equalizer

Hi, Guys...I'm using Spotify Premium on CM 14.1 Redmi Note 4G. So when I want to play any song, it always stuttering. I believe that the problem is in the Equalizer. But every EQ I used, it always stuttering (AudioFX, PinPong's Equalizer, etc). I had...

• Hi, Guys... I'm using Spotify Premium on CM 14.1 Redmi Note 4G. So when I want to play any song, it always stuttering. I believe that the problem is in the Equalizer. But every EQ I used, it alway...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'my music' missing after update

After a recent update the menu slot 'my music' changed to 'I' on my samsung mobile phone (bottom right on the picture) and my downloaded music disappeared. Now i can just safe songs by marking it as favourite. Had anyone the same problem or knows how...

• After a recent update the menu slot 'my music' changed to 'I'  on my samsung mobile phone (bottom right on the picture) and my downloaded music disappeared. Now i can just safe songs by marking ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account, but local music from PC doesn't play on Android phone.

Although this page: (https://support.spotify.com/nl/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/) suggests that I can play/sync my local files from my PC to my phone, it doesn't work. I have a Premium account, I've downloaded the songs both on my P...

• Regular
  • Although this page: (https://support.spotify.com/nl/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/) suggests that I can play/sync my local files from my PC to my phone, it doesn't work. I have a Prem...
  • rishia513
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Now playing disappears or stops working when streaming to Chromecast or Google Home

I was listening to music and the bar at the bottom that shows what is playing has completely disappeared. I've force closed the app and restarted multiple times.I cannot tell what is playing and have no playback controls. I am also completely unable ...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to music and the bar at the bottom that shows what is playing has completely disappeared. I've force closed the app and restarted multiple times. I cannot tell what is playing and ...
  • d3dc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet Connection every time I open.

Every time I open the app it tries to connect to the Internet and finally gives me the no internet connection notice. It doesn't have anything to do with offline mode and uninstalling it and reinstalling worked to fix it until I closed the app again ...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open the app it tries to connect to the Internet and finally gives me the no internet connection notice. It doesn't have anything to do with offline mode and uninstalling it and reinstal...
  • LeighAnn2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Xperia Z3 volume fluctuating

When I listen to music with my bluetooth headphones the volume keeps fluctuating in the tracks, the volume gets lower in "drops" in tracks. This doesnt happen to me on my desktop. I have tried to look up solutions and i found that trurning eq to stan...

• When I listen to music with my bluetooth headphones the volume keeps fluctuating in the tracks, the volume gets lower in "drops" in tracks. This doesnt happen to me on my desktop. I have tried to loo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not letting me log in using Facebook. Keeps sending me through loops.

The Spotify Android app is not letting me log in on a new phone. When I first created my account I did it using Facebook and I've always used my Facebook credentials to login. I've been a premium member for about a year so I'm not new to Spotify. Thi...

facebookloginscreen.jpg spotifyerror.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • The Spotify Android app is not letting me log in on a new phone. When I first created my account I did it using Facebook and I've always used my Facebook credentials to login.   I've been a ...
  • Mljndn
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Massive data usage

I have had massive amount of data used by spotify over a few days. I used 80% music from my playlist and streamed some live. I also was connected to wifi at the same time as using my cellular data. Beetween the 24-27th december 2016 i have had 6 gig ...

• I have had massive amount of data used by spotify over a few days. I used 80% music from my playlist and streamed some live. I also was connected to wifi at the same time as using my cellular data. B...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Party mode not available

Hello guys, Spotify - Party is not working on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android version 6.0.1. Whenever I go to Browse - Party - choose a playlist, I see only "SHUFFLE PLAY" not the "START PARTY" nor the Mood trigger. Got any advise?

• Hello guys,   Spotify - Party is not working on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android version 6.0.1. Whenever I go to Browse - Party - choose a playlist, I see only "SHUFFLE PLAY" not the "START P...
  • lieshout1972
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • spotify party not available
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge not playing

My wife and I both have S6 Edges - I've got Soptify Premium and it works just fine on my phone. Hers, not so much. She does not have Premium. She just downloaded the app and songs will not play. We searched for Robert Palmer tune she wanted to listen...

• My wife and I both have S6 Edges - I've got Soptify Premium and it works just fine on my phone.  Hers, not so much.  She does not have Premium.  She just downloaded the app and songs w...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes