Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Solved!

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hey guys,
I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere...

What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections are ok.

Thanks

EDIT: I just changed the Subject to make it stand out 🙂

--

Edit by Per, to link to latest update from Spotify.

2013-11-27 update by Per.

2013-11-28 update by Per:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. As this is resolved, I'm locking this thread.

Some users were reporting issues with lockscreen controls on KitKat (4.4). If you want to weigh in on that issue, please do so in this thread.

197 Replies

Ha. Judging by how long it took Spotify developers to implement landscape mode after more than a year of requests, I won't hold my breath. Besides, they'll be too busy with the iOS app instead since that's where their priorities lie.

Same problem here.

Maybe if you stopped talking bad about them by calling them crappy, they'll feel inclined to help. If you have no idea about how an app works then don't say "it can't be that hard to fix" because if it was easy it would be done by now.

Same problem here. 

@Solrax wrote:
Maybe if you stopped talking bad about them by calling them crappy, they'll feel inclined to help. If you have no idea about how an app works then don't say "it can't be that hard to fix" because if it was easy it would be done by now.

Since I'm a developer myself, yes I have an idea or 2 about how an app works, and as an owner of an Apple device and several Android devices including a Nexus 5, it doesn't take a genius to realise there is a heavy bias towards iOS development. The Android app has for a long time, been stuck in the dark ages in comparison to it's fruity alternative.

If this app was free, then yes, I would be more supportive and less inclined to call it "crappy", but as it's not (costing £120 per year), then I think I am entitled to ensure I'm getting value for my money. Developers' inclination to help simply does not apply here. If the developers produce something that is not fit for purpose, people will move to another competitor, let's call it Moogle Gusic, with more thought put into their development.

Let's just hope they fix the problem fast! Alot of people will be using KitKat 4.4 now, so it's in their best interest to fix this asap before losing alot of memberships I'd recon. 

And I chose for Spotify because my carrier is in charge of the billing. Google Music doesn't have a good billing option in my country.

Sigh, getting this on both Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013.

Also, why are lots of features missing on the Android app compared to Ios?

Maybe Spotify could learn a thing or two from it's good friend Facebook

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57553967-93/facebook-uses-posters-to-push-employees-to-switch-to-an...

facebook-here-come-the-androids_270x375 (1).jpg

Well if Spotify support for Android is really that bad I'll cancel my membership soon. 

Too bad Google doesn't support iDEAL (payment option for my country).

Haha and when I read through the iOS section of the community, they're all complaining that they are missing features we have on android 🙂

@jwylot wrote:

Haha and when I read through the iOS section of the community, they're all complaining that they are missing features we have on android 🙂

Clear cache...?

All I'm saying (as an iOS user haha).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

an update and planned to address this image problem that no longer appears?

I updated my N7 to Android 4.4 and now i have the problem on N7 too.

Same here! Nexus 7 4.4, no cover art. Since I'm paying 10€ a month for this service, I'd at least like some updates on the situation.

Android 4.4 KitKat. Same problem....

This has took too long, combined with other issues I'm having... Im out. Hello Google Music. 

Mr Spotify, sort yourself out and look after the Androiders who remain.

Nexus 5, Android 4.4, no album art - same issue here...

Please can you update us on progress.

Thank you

They're aware of the issue and working on it.

Or so they said in a support email.

@AboutaDirk wrote:

They're aware of the issue and working on it.

Or so they said in a support email.

A.K.A we don't have a device running Android 4.4 because all the Nexus 5's are backordered and we all have iPhuns. I wouldn't be upset about this if it wasn't a paid app, but broken controls and no album art, you expect things to work especially when its probably a few lines of compatibility code. KitKat wasn't a huge leap forward considering its similiar framework to JB with added features.

It would be nice to get a (honest) official response/update.

Suggested posts