Premium

Country

UK

Device

LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play any songs/podcasts on the Spotify Android app and the My Library tab is completely empty.

For the last few days I have been completely unable to play any songs/podcasts, I am able to select them and go to the player where the album art is correctly displayed however the song does not play nor does the song progress bar move.

I am able to swipe through songs and the album art changes however the song does not play.

My library tab is also completely empty, however I am able to see playlists and browse through them on the home tab and search for them in the search tab successfully.

This is only an issue on the Android app as the desktop player works fine on my PC and the web player also works correctly on my PC and on my smartphone (the effected device). I am also able to connect my smartphone app to my desktop app and use that to control the desktop Spotify app (select/play/switch songs and change volume).

To solve the issue I have tried the following:

Logged out and back into the app

Restarted the device

Deleted data and cache files in android settings

Completed a simple reinstall of Spotify

Completed a clean reinstall of Spotify, including deleting the com.spotify.music folder

I am really at a loss as to what this issue is and how to fix it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

Hi @tektyler,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Great troubleshooting so far! There are other things we can try here. 

First up, we'd like to know if this is related to your account or not. Can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free one here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

If the issue persists, could you make sure your phone has enabled all app permissions for Spotify? 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MafeG

Thank you for getting back to me on this one, I just tried out making a new free account and unfortunately that account was also unable to get anything to play. I checked my permissions and they were not enabled.
I enabled everything (contacts, storage, etc) and restarted my phone and unfortunately the issue still persists. Would you happen to be able to suggest anything else I can try?

Thanks again for your help with this very confusing issue.

Hi there @tektyler,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts