Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So it seems that since Spotify changed how the library works, the Android Auto app is not in line with all of the other versions.

For example, when I click "My Library" and select "Songs", it would usually play from the top of the list with my most recently added tracks (with shuffle off). Now, it's just a mix bags of songs I've added to my library with the exception of a lot of them missing.

In recent times, it should work the same, only it's just called "Liked Songs" now; but Android Auto does not know how to do that yet.

I would like to see some continuity between these apps especially when I'm driving... Don't need to fiddle around with my phone on the highway!

I hope to see this updated soon.

EDIT: Was just in a friend's car and he uses an iPhone 8 Plus with Apple CarPlay. He is able to actually click on "Liked Songs" in his library. Please bring this to Android!

19 Replies

I've got the same issue.

Although weirdly I see songs that I liked from a couple of years ago at the top of the 'Songs' list now.

Wouldn't mind but the 'Liked' playlist doesn't appear anywhere in the playlist menu.

That's exactly what's happening to me... Just didn't know how to explain it!

Hey @hamcoremusic.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The updated Your Library should be out to all iOS and Android users. Reinstall the app to get the most recent build.

On Android you should see the Liked Songs playlist. You can sort this list as well. You can do this by dragging the list down and revealing the filter.

If you are not seeing the Liked Songs playlist, please send a screenshot of your library and let us know which version you are on.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

The question was about it appearing in Android Auto, not the regular Spotify app on Android. Liked songs playlist is appearing in Android but won't appear in Android Auto.

My side solution is to copy all songs from 'Liked songs' to a new playlist called 'My Songs' that I guess I'll try and keep up to date every time I save a new track.

I have the same issue. It seems that the "my Songs“ list is played in alphabetical order within Android Auto instead of recently added songs first.  

Same issue here. 

So is this what has replaced the "add to library function" or the little checkmark next to a song? 

Is there a way to add a song to my library and or mark it as "played" without "liking it"?

with the old system, I was able to go to artists and see if I had head any of there songs before. I understand that I can still do that with the "hearts" but it kinda feels like we lost a feature.  Unless it is hidden somewhere I can't find.

Yup, same issue here.

Have the same problem.

Hello,

I have this exact same issue.  On my phone in the Spotify App, I see 'Liked Songs' and the correct order of last-added, but when I connect my phone to Android Auto, I only see "Songs" and everything is in alphabetical order.  This is very confusing and frustrating since it is the same app for both.  

I truthfully don't care what the playlist is called, but the order of the songs in Android Auto needs to be fixed and returned to date-last-added or give us customizability to change the song order in Android Auto as the current alphabetical order forces additional interaction with the app in the car while driving, which is less than ideal.  

I wish we'd hear something from the Spotify team. This issue is a big enough problem that I've just been using Pandora in the car for the last week... 

It seems that these problems are related. Perhaps Voting and Posting in this Thread helps, as there is a better reaction from the Spotidy team so far (at least they recognized the problem).

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Auto-Songs-in-downloaded-album-are-ordered/i...

You misunderstood the question unfortunately. 

This is discussing android auto and not the native android app.

I checked today and "Liked songs" does not show up in my car and using "My Library > Songs" plays the songs sorted in alphabetical order. 

Please either retain the user's preferred sorting for "My Library > Songs" or add "Liked Songs" as is to Android Auto. 

As a mobile developer, this is relatively easier achieved by treating "Liked songs" as a regular playlist and making it available to the Android Auto API. 

Seems to be fixed in latest beta.8.5.16.772 Tested with Android auto app, not yet in the car

Can anyone confirm?

Hi,

Im experiencing the same issue. I've recently upgraded my phone and I'm having the same issue on both the old and new phone.

Glad it's not just me..

Confirmed working. Seems to be working in my car as well!

I just updated the app this morning and it seems like it did not fix the issue for me... I will clear cache and see if it works after that!

Looks like clearing the cache of both Spotify and Android Auto did not work... Hmm

I am stilling having this problem on Android 9. Is a fix going to be released?

Suggested posts