Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Discover] Daily mixes are too hard to find in new June 2021 UI

[Android][Discover] Daily mixes are too hard to find in new June 2021 UI

With the latest update 8.6.34.749, a new home screen was added with giant oversized tiles. Fine. Not a fan, but these are things I don't get a choice in.

Unfortunately, the things I use most often, Daily Mixes (except for Daily Mix 1, in my case), Release Radar, and Discover Weekly, which were previously prominently front-and-center, are now buried so far into the app that it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to find them.

Previous UI to find Daily Mixes:

1. Launch Spotify.

2. Go to home screen

3. Scroll a little bit to see all my daily mixes.

4. Scroll sideways to see what artists are in each mix that day

5. Pick one, start playing.

New UI to find Daily Mixes:

1. Launch Spotify

2. Go to home screen.

3. Is the shown Daily Mix the one I want? No. Keep hunting.

4. Tap "Your Library", because they're mine, right?

5. Tap "Playlists"

6. Nope, not there. Discover Weekly and Release Radar are, though. Probably because I previously followed them and make them available offline.

7. Click Search.

8. Oh! "Made for you", that must be it.

9. Nope. Genre mixes? Nope. Scroll. Artist mixes? Nope, Scroll. Decade mixes? Nope, Scroll. Soundtrack my day? Nope, scroll again. Uniquely Yours? Nope, keep scrolling.

10. Finally, at the BOTTOM of the search screen, my Daily Mixes are shown.

11. What do I want to listen to today? Oh, no artist list anymore. Just a photo which doesn't really tell me anything about what's in there.

12. Click Daily Mix 2 to see who is in there. Not sounding good? Go back and pick the next one. Rinse, repeat.

PLEASE for the love of all that is good and holy, either bring all the Daily Mixes back to the Home screen, surface my Daily Mixes higher in the "Search" list, let me sort them, or automatically bump things higher in the list that I use most often (I KNOW you're tracking this stuff), but SOMETHING. Also, please bring back showing the first three or four artists in the playlist so I don't have to play whack-a-mole trying to find something that used to be so, so much easier.

9 Replies

Thank you for this! This is driving me INSANE! ESPECAILLY the taking away of the short lists of artists that the mixes include. Not only do I have to search to find my daily mixes, now I have to look through each one manually to see what is what. Good features keep getting taken away....every update....every single update

Hey folks 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community 🙂

You should be able to find all your Daily Mixes in the Made For You section by scrolling a bit through your Home page. 

If you're unable to see them, we'd suggest giving these steps a go in order to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You clearly do not understand the issue. We can find the daily mixes, it just takes WAY more effort than it used to, they are under too many layers to get through. Also you took away all of their descriptions, so I cannot see what the daily mixes are without going through every single one's contents. This is all SO SO SO inconvenient!!!

I'm afraid you didn't fully understand what I was facing. I believe I was part of a new UI experiment that no amount of uninstalling nor reinstalling would fix. I'm not entirely sure how, but my home page has thankfully returned to the previous version without any action on my part.

Please check with your dev team to see if they are conducting UI experiments on their users, and let them know we're unamused at being experimented upon. I could understand it if I had opted in to beta testing or prerelease preview, but to turn on and off a completely different home screen is very jarring.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

@Me1izabeth - can you send us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look from our end and see if it's expected? It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

@thedoc31 - we're glad to see that everything's back to how you like it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am updated to the latest version. Here is a screenshot of my "made for you" page and my daily mixes with no descriptions of what they are.

Screenshot_20210730-102000.png

Hi @Me1izabeth,

Thank you for sharing this info, this helps us better understand what's happening.

At the moment, in order to see the short list of artists included in a Daily Mix it's necessary opening the Mix, the list will show at the top. This is for the mobile app. 

In the desktop app, you should be able to see the artists without having to access the playlist. 

In this article you can find more information about the new Your Library view for mobile, it's new functionalities, shortcuts and sections.

Hope this helps!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes we have all figured out how it works, it is just the absolute worst! The app homepage in particular is a mess of things we haven't asked for with this latest update. We have to search to find things we regularly listen to, yet useless suggestions are posted right at the top. This is terrible.

Suggested posts