Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Fix background play at random (andiord APP)

Solved!

[Android] Fix background play at random (andiord APP)

So I have have had Spotify  on my phone for a while now. Or I did , I had it linked to my alarms . How ever the app just starts randomly playing even when there has been no alarm to go off.  🙄  I have been in a few situations where it starts playing random music that I have never listened to !!! I went and even turned off all notifications In my settings 😐   and it still turnd on and startd to play . So I just deleted the whole app and now I no longer have random music playing . Even when I havnt opend the app it's self.  And before anyone asks no my account is only linked with my devices never has done this on my laptop 🙃  . 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Malibu_mist99,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

We've moved your post to a more appropriate section of the Community.

This can happen if Spotify is added to any scheduling app on your phone. Check whether you phone has an app like Samsung's Bixby or Google Clock and disable any routines which Spotify might be part of.

Hope this helps 🙂

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Malibu_mist99,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

We've moved your post to a more appropriate section of the Community.

This can happen if Spotify is added to any scheduling app on your phone. Check whether you phone has an app like Samsung's Bixby or Google Clock and disable any routines which Spotify might be part of.

Hope this helps 🙂

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hi,

Im having the same issue.

Spotify has no permissions on my.phone, its not even allowed to work in the background.

It has never been my default music app  its not now nor has it ever connected to any other apps/ schedule. Bixby etc are disabled on my phone. I dont have a car and my Bluetooth is always turned off unless i manually activate it..

Please can you advise me on the solution to this problem..

Many regards

(My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A71 incase thats relevant)

Hey @Y8ZY,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd be glad to offer some assistance 🙂

Can you let me know if the app is starting at random or at specific times of day?

If it's totally random, you might want to run through the steps in this Article, to make sure you're the only one who has access to your phone and that playback isn't starting from another device where you might be logged in.

I'm recommending this since you've said that you've already checked Bixby and the Spotify app permissions.

Keep me posted.

AlexModerator

Hi there,

thank you for getting back to me. I had thought that I had responded to you already, how ever I seem to have failed to post it 🤦 so I must apologise for what seems like a very slow reply. 

Prior to writing to you initially I had already searched the FAQ's, community posts and done several Google searches looking for solution. So i can confirm that I have already tried the suggestions mentioned in this post before my comments. It appears to start at random, I certainly haven't noticed any particular trend / pattern. I have also on multiple occasions ensured that I am infact signed out on all devices and have not too long ago updated my password to what would be seen as a "strong" password that I have not shared with anyone else.  No other device within my home has been active / signed in or even turned on

Hey Y8ZY,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We understand you’ve already tried the steps mentioned before with no change in the issue. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, try to check if it happens on another device if possible. 

Also, include in your next response the OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running on your device. 

We'll be on the lookout for your next response.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts