Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Android) Music stops playing randomly

(Android) Music stops playing randomly

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android version 9

My Question or Issue

While streaming music, every 5-10 songs, the music will randomly stop playing during the first 5-15 seconds in the song, put the pause button is visible, indicating the music is still playing, but the progress bar is stationary. Upon pausing and pressing play, the progress bar stays stationary and no music plays. Upon skipping to the next song, no music plays and the bar stays at 0:00. Upon swiping back to the initial song, the progress bar stays at 0:00 and doesn't play any of it. However, when swiping to the previously played song, that one plays fine. 

5 Replies

Hey @patoblue - help's here!

First off, do you mind doing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps outlined in this support article? Just make sure to clear all app data when doing so (step 4).

If that doesn't work for you, do you mind confirming if Spotify works in the following scenarios:

• when logging in using another account
  • when logging in on a different device
  • when switching your network connection?

Once we have that info, we'll know what to suggest next.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Peter, thanks for your response. I followed the steps in the article to perform a clean reinstall, but it is still happening. I haven't tried to use another account on my device, but I have used Spotify on my laptop, in which this issue never occurs. Also, switching networks on my phone does seem to resolve the issue, but I want to be able to stream using data on my phone.

1. Peter, thanks for your response. I followed the steps in the article to perform a clean reinstall, but it is still happening. I haven't tried to use another account on my device, but I have used Spotify on my laptop, in which this issue never occurs. Also, switching networks on my phone does seem to resolve the issue, but I want to be able to stream using data on my phone.

Peter, thanks for your response. I followed the steps in the article to perform a clean reinstall, but it is still happening. I haven't tried to use another account on my device, but I have used Spotify on my laptop, in which this issue never occurs. Also, switching networks on my phone does seem to resolve the issue, but I want to be able to stream using data on my phone.

Hey Peter, Ive just tried listening on my friends account on my phone and there are no issues. Therefore this problem only occurs when I am on my phone on my account. As far as I can't remember, it hasn't happened when I stream using wifi, only data. I have been a loyal spotify customer for quite some time and I listen to music for at least a couple hours daily, often not at home, so this problem has been really disrupting. I would love for my Spotify to function the way it should.

Suggested posts