Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Podcasts] 'Spotify is trying to play'......... Disappointing

[Android][Podcasts] 'Spotify is trying to play'......... Disappointing

I recently joined spotify, mainly for Joe Rogan Experience.  So I downloaded a dozen of his episodes and began listening,  and I was initially surprised by the addition of the video of the podcast being played while in app.  However, spotify does something that my previous player 'Google podcasts' does not do.  Everytime you leave or enter a wifi network, servcice stops, and you get a funny little 'Spotify is trying to play' notification on your lock sceren (In my case I have a wireless work network that I connect to inside the building, but I must go out into our back lot many times during the day causing me to switch to LTE).  'Spotify is trying to play' what's the problem here I've already downloaded the episode why do your need internet to play it?  I'm not in the app so I don't need to buffer the video.  It's very disappointing **bleep** since it can take several minutes to start playing again.  All I can say is I'm not a fan, my previous player is superior in my opinion, & will probably migrate back.

1 Reply

Hey there @Cranmoot,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

If you've downloaded your podcasts for offline listening, you should be able to listen to them without an internet connection. Can you make sure you've set your app to Offline Mode following the steps here?

In case you need more help with your downloads, we'd recommend checking out the tips and tricks on this support page.

We hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts