Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app auto pauses when phone is unlocked

Android app auto pauses when phone is unlocked

My Android app is essentially useless. When ever I have reception (wifi or data), the app automatically pauses playback EVERYTIME my phone is unlocked. Also, it will randomly stop responding on my lock screen so I am unable to pause, skip, etc. unless I unlock the phone. This is true for bluetooth and wired headphone commands, too.

This app has been trash on my phone for months and unless there is a resolution, I will be cancelling my Spotify account. I've never had this issue with the Apple app and have thusfar found no resolution even though I have reset my phone and tried deleting the app. Spotify needs to do better.

9 Replies

Hey @lhurley3! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I understand your anger.

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.  Be sure to comment, like and check this ongoing issue thread out to stay updated.  Hopefully, it will get fixed in the near future. ^^

Peace

@Nico,

Thanks for the quick response and pointing me towards the thread concerning the lock screen controls. While that is very annoying, the bigger issue for me is the autopausing every time I open my phone. This issue has been around for abour 5 months now and is the main reason I'm considering switching music providers.

Do you have any advice for dealing with this problem or could you point me toward a post with a resolution? I haven't had any luck yet.

Thank you!

@lhurley3 

5 months of pausing is definitely not the usual behaviour of the app.

Could there be a device of you that is connected to your account that might cause this stopping? Maybe a friend of you who is connected to your account?

You can also try doing this to see if that helps:

1. Go to your profile page

2. Scroll down

3. Click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'

Screenshot_4 (3).png

4. Change your password again through the password reset page

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

@Nico,

I tried that and am still having the issue. It seems that when I lose service and am offline it doesn't autopause when unlocked and also when my location services are on it's fine. I obviously can't walk around on airplane mode or with my location on constantly, so these aren't really fixes.

Is there anything else that could be tried to fix the issue?

@lhurley3 

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

@lhurley3 

Could you check if you find any suspicious apps on this page and remove them?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

@Nico,

I didn't see anything suspicious there, just a few apps I haven't used in a while so I removed those.

@lhurley3 

Sorry, for the delay.

Please try this:

• Disable any cache-clearing apps you've have installed
  • Disable any power-saving modes you might have
  • Try a different network connection to see if the same thing happens
  • Does this happen on a different device of you as well?
  • Remove any apps that may be interfering with Spotify on the phone. 

Peace

@Nico,

No problem. I've deleted a phone cleaning app that is the only app I have with the capability to clear the cache. I have no power-saving mode enabled, this happens regardless of the network I use, and this does not happen on any other devices I use Spotify on. Which apps might be interfering with Spotify on my phone?

Thanks!

Suggested posts