Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app not loading playlist with over 400 songs

Solved!

Android app not loading playlist with over 400 songs

I am trying out Spotify and comparing it to my Rhapsody subscription.  One of the playlists I am recreating  has over 400 songs, but it does not load on my Android app (Playlists page).  If I create new playlists, they appear just fine (both before the big one and after the big one).  The big one shows up as "Loading..." instead of its name, and it shows "Loading..." instead of the number of tracks.  It works just fine on the PC app.  Just to be clear, this is not downloading.  This is just syncing the playlists.  I have a couple other large playlists (150 tracks and 181 tracks) and they work just fine.

Thanks!

Stuart.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Stuart 🙂 

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Stuart 🙂 

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks so much.  That worked like a charm.  Never would have thought to do that.

Stuart.

Suggested posts