Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app won't download songs

Solved!

Android app won't download songs

Spotify has stopped downloading songs though it informs me that they are presently being downloaded. I can rule out problems with a lack of disc space on the sd card nor have I reached the 10,000 songs limit. My internet connection is stable. Yet, when I started to play one of the playlists, this prompted the app to download three songs (of about 1000), then it stopped again.  I tried emptying the cache and to reinstall the app - nothing helped so far. Grateful for any hint or idea.
(While I'm writing this, four other songs have been downloaded at the beginning of the list but not in a row. Two songs have been omitted.  After playing a song a little further down the line, still more songs were downloaded up to this song, but the effect is not stable. Sometimes this makes the download proceed, sometimes it doesn't.)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A21s

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Rambling_Man,

Thanks for posting here on the Community 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try removing the SD card, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Rambling_Man,

Thanks for posting here on the Community 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try removing the SD card, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Thanks for your suggestions. I meanwhile found out what the problem was. My smartphone failed to reconnect to my home WLAN network which it was supposed to do automatically (I had checked the internet connection but didn't suspect my smartphone to be logged out) So it tried to download them from the mobile network. Once I reconnected my phone to my WLAN, the download worked again smoothly.

Hey @Rambling_Man,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to heat it worked out and you can enjoy your favorite jams again. 

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts