Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android white noise while playing specific album

Solved!

Android white noise while playing specific album

Hi, the problem started a few days ago that while playing certain albums on Android Spotify app. There is only loud white noise and no music can be heard. I've tried uninstalled the app, cleared the data folder, rebooted but it still doesn't work. There is no issue in playing other songs and the problem seems to be specific to a few albums that I've encountered this issue so far. I've also tried playing the same album on my Mac and it appeared OK so this seems to be an issue for Android only. My android is on CM 13.0. Thanks for help!
Joe

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed. Only just by changing the streaming quality to "extreme". It continues to work even after switching back to the original setting which is "automatic". Thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Can you link to the album in question and I'll try it myself?

Dan

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

https://open.spotify.com/album/3cVXanZULOjLAbKCkKH9WB
https://open.spotify.com/album/0pLaJqKkMHPwiDmBnY1oyR

Thanks for responding! The above are two of the albums with issue. No issue when playing via Mac. I was using Nexus 6P when the issue happened.

I'll check in a bit. Can you just confirm if you are using an equaliser or not???

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes I'm using AudioFX that comes with CM13.0. It didn't help even if I switch the equaliser off.

Apologies for the delay. I've just listened to a selection of tracks from both albums and all came out clearly. Are you streaming or is it an offline version you are listening to?

I suggest clearing the cache from your device (you can do this in the Spotify app settings)

Android Troubleshooting:

I have just tried playing offline and it is now OK. However when steaming the same albums the same problem happened, even after I cleared the cache.

You've saved the track offline? How did you clear the cache? As I was able to stream of perfectly there's got to be something on your device causing the issue... Finding what is the hard part ☺️

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes saved track online. Cleared cache via app setting - clear cache and data. I even deleted the Spotify data folder. Uninstall the app. Restarted and reinstalled. Same problem unfortunately.
Marked as solution

Fixed. Only just by changing the streaming quality to "extreme". It continues to work even after switching back to the original setting which is "automatic". Thanks for trying to help!

Great, I've marked your post as a solution to help others that may come across this issues in a search.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts